Keyable visibility for texture layers

Forums: Keyable visibility for texture layers
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Keyable visibility for texture layers

Postby rubberchicken » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:37 am

rubberchicken Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:37 am
In the shader tree I often setup multiple colour options on a single mesh. Might be simple constants or image layers, with the visibility controlled by a render pass. In Vray when forced to use the schematic, I would use a layer texture, which had a switch on each layer to control the visibility in the same way. Although Octane has a composite texture I'm not seeing any option to control the visibility of each layer. Is there another way to set this up?
rubberchicken
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Keyable visibility for texture layers

Postby funk » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:54 pm

funk Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:54 pm
It would be nice if each composite texture layer had an "enable" channel like the "Composite output AOV layers" do.

In modo, we can select schematic nodes (or their noodles/links) and press "h" to hide or "u" to unhide. So you can select a composite texture layer and press h.

For keying, a workaround would be to use the composite texture layer opacity and set it to 0. If you already had a texture connected, you can add a multiply node between them and set scale to 0 too
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Keyable visibility for texture layers

Postby rubberchicken » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:58 am

rubberchicken Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:58 am
Thanks for the tip, this works and I think will suffice for now. Would be good if an enabled selector could be added.
rubberchicken
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Foundry Modo