Copy and Paste Mesh Renders Differently

Forums: Copy and Paste Mesh Renders Differently
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Copy and Paste Mesh Renders Differently

Postby rob2576 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:40 pm

rob2576 Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:40 pm
I am not sure if this is an Octane or Modo thing so I am trying here first in case this is obvious to the experts here.

Referencing the attachment, I have a stack of meshes that render as a light emitting plane under a light pipe and opaque set of bodies. It looks perfect in the lower mesh. I now need to transfer the mesh at the bottom to a different mesh that is instanced in a bigger scene. When I copy the mesh out of the bottom to the instanced mesh at the top, it renders completely differently. The clear part is much more faceted as if it isn't smoothing the same or the materials are not acting the same. It is a direct copy and paste and I just can't conceive of what would change or not be moved through the copy and paste process.

Does anyone have any idea that might direct me to a solution?

Thank you.
Attachments
LightPipe.jpg
rob2576
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Copy and Paste Mesh Renders Differently

Postby face_off » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:27 am

face_off Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:27 am
Can you please send me the mesh with the exact set of steps that you are taking so that I can reproduce this issue?

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Foundry Modo