901 Reveal

Forums: 901 Reveal
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: 901 Reveal

Postby RahiSan » Fri May 29, 2015 1:06 pm

RahiSan Fri May 29, 2015 1:06 pm
I have only used the new plugin for a short time, but I have to say itsreally nice. It feels so much more integrated into Modo. Thank you!
RahiSan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby profisatz » Sat May 30, 2015 7:49 am

profisatz Sat May 30, 2015 7:49 am
@face-off: thaank you very much for the new OctaneRender-Layout view in Modo 901! This rocks!

if you find a way, that we can create materials in octane standalone (is much quicker) and import them into the modo node graphs ...i'll convert to the church of octane forever! :D

profisatz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat May 30, 2015 11:24 pm

face_off Sat May 30, 2015 11:24 pm
if you find a way, that we can create materials in octane standalone (is much quicker) and import them into the modo node graphs ...i'll convert to the church of octane forever!
You can either load a material from the Octane Standalone LocalDb (using the "octane.importLocalDb" command).

OR

Use the node type "Node Graph", which has a single pin out which must be compatible with the pin that it is plugged into. Copy and paste from an Octane Standalone Node Graph into this node's XML property.

Also - I the future I will also look at using the Octane Standalone NodeGraph for editing materials.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby profisatz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:06 am

profisatz Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:06 am
face_off wrote:
if you find a way, that we can create materials in octane standalone (is much quicker) and import them into the modo node graphs ...i'll convert to the church of octane forever!
You can either load a material from the Octane Standalone LocalDb (using the "octane.importLocalDb" command).

OR

Use the node type "Node Graph", which has a single pin out which must be compatible with the pin that it is plugged into. Copy and paste from an Octane Standalone Node Graph into this node's XML property.

Also - I the future I will also look at using the Octane Standalone NodeGraph for editing materials.

Paul

aaah, great to know. :D
profisatz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Foundry Modo