OctaneRender 2 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for Modo [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 2.0 [TEST]

Postby face_off » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:12 pm

face_off Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:12 pm
Great work! The only thing I've come across so far is that animating the Focal Depth for the camera in Octane Settings doesn't render out to an animated sequence, it just stays with what is set for the first keyframe. I noticed that I had to turn on "Load all frames into Octane" to get it to render out an animated camera move, and I couldn't remember if that was true before. But that still didn't fix the focal depth issue, even though you could see it changing when scrubbing the timeline. I even checked "Reload Materials Each Frame" hoping it would force it to recalculate but it didn't.
When I implemented the option to export an animation to Octane Standalone (via ABC in ORBX) I unfortunately broken the camera animation when rendering in Modo. I am working on it now and hope to have everything fixed in the next 24hrs.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:26 pm

face_off Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:26 pm
Hi René. If you can send me a link to the trial version of Power Translators I will take a closer look.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby cuffi » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:27 am

cuffi Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:27 am
face_off wrote:Hi René. If you can send me a link to the trial version of Power Translators I will take a closer look.

Paul

Hi Paul,

there is no link...I had to ask TheFoundry sales for the trial. It is then appeared in my account...so I can't give it to you.

René
Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit | GTX780 Ti | GTX 560 TI | Driver Version 337.88 | Intel Core i7 3930K 6x 3,2 GHz | 32 GB RAM
Web: http://www.mentalarts.com
cuffi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cuffi » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:56 am

cuffi Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:56 am
face_off wrote:Hi René. If you can send me a link to the trial version of Power Translators I will take a closer look.

Paul

Hi Paul,

there is no link...I had to ask TheFoundry sales for the trial. It was then appeared in my account...so I can't give it to you.

René
Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit | GTX780 Ti | GTX 560 TI | Driver Version 337.88 | Intel Core i7 3930K 6x 3,2 GHz | 32 GB RAM
cuffi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:21 am

face_off Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:21 am
there is no link...I had to ask TheFoundry sales for the trial. It was then appeared in my account...so I can't give it to you.
Have you tried with Modo801 SP1 yet?
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby cuffi » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:36 pm

cuffi Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:36 pm
face_off wrote:
Have you tried with Modo801 SP1 yet?

Yes...same problem...
cuffi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:46 am

face_off Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:46 am
I have refreshed the installer at the top of this thread with:

- If the Maximum Vertices limit is reached when loading a scene into Octane, and popup error is now displayed
- Performance improvement changing the color of an Octane RGB Color node whilst the Viewport is open on a big scene
- When the Viewport is open, if all Octane materials need to be reloaded (after modifying a Modo Material for example), a progress indicator now appears
- Material and geometry updates are now not sent to the Octane scene if the render is Paused. Instead they are queued up and applied when you Resume
- Fixed issue where the camera path (and other camera attributes) were not being exported when using the "octane.command exportAlembic" command
- "Load All Frames Into Octane" no defaults to OFF
- Rendering animations with "Load All Frames Into Octane" is now correctly animates the Octane camera

Next up will be trying to get animated image sequences working, and looking at the plugin working along-side Power Translators.

Paul
Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:41 am

face_off Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:41 am
I figured out the problem. I had installed a trial version of the new Power Translators plugin. After deinstallation of the Power Translators Plugin the Octane for MODO plugin is running fine again...It seems the plugins are interfering...kind of.
I have escalated this issue to TheFoundry.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby v1adut » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:27 pm

v1adut Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:27 pm
Hi Paul, is Motion blur implemented in Octane 2.0 plug in?

Is there a way to make octane plug in look into the project folder instead of the local drive folder, because if I change the location of the progject, all image links are broken, and I have to relink everything in order to make it work with octane. In modo if I do this, then I tell modo where is the missing file, and it does look for others in the same location.
v1adut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby riggles » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:12 pm

riggles Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:12 pm
v1adut wrote:Is there a way to make octane plug in look into the project folder instead of the local drive folder, because if I change the location of the progject, all image links are broken, and I have to relink everything in order to make it work with octane. In modo if I do this, then I tell modo where is the missing file, and it does look for others in the same location.

Would a temporary workaround be to connect the MODO filename node to the Octane texture instead of specifying the filename in the texture node itself? That way when MODO relocates the image file, the correct path should be sent to your Octane materials. I think.
riggles
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo