OctaneRender 2 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for Modo [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 2.0 [TEST]

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:12 am

face_off Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:12 am
In the lightwave plugin, there is a button called "fixed aspect". When it's disabled, the window works the same way as the octane plugin. When it is enabled, it locks the aspect ratio of the window when it is resized, so it always matches the aspect ratio of the render. eg. As you resize the width, the height automatically resizes at the same time. Is it possible for you to do this in your plugin?
So the workflow you want is.....set the Viewport size, then go into the preferences and lock the Viewport aspect ratio. Then if you want a different aspect ratio you would need to go into the preferences, unlock the aspect ratio, resize the Viewport, then back into the preferences to lock the aspect ratio. That seems like a cumbersome workflow.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby funk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 am

funk Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:37 am
face_off wrote:
In the lightwave plugin, there is a button called "fixed aspect". When it's disabled, the window works the same way as the octane plugin. When it is enabled, it locks the aspect ratio of the window when it is resized, so it always matches the aspect ratio of the render. eg. As you resize the width, the height automatically resizes at the same time. Is it possible for you to do this in your plugin?
So the workflow you want is.....set the Viewport size, then go into the preferences and lock the Viewport aspect ratio. Then if you want a different aspect ratio you would need to go into the preferences, unlock the aspect ratio, resize the Viewport, then back into the preferences to lock the aspect ratio. That seems like a cumbersome workflow.

Paul

No thats not what Im asking for. The ratio is controlled by the render item frame width/height

eg. My render resolution = 600 width x 400 height

If I resize the preview to 200 pixels high, the width would be 300

Here is a video for clarification (from the lightwave plugin):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u2707e0fcruz6e7/oct_lw_fixed_asp.mp4
First I resize the width with "fixed asp" off, then I enable it and resize the width again. The plugin adjust the height automatically.
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby riggles » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:25 pm

riggles Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:25 pm
funk wrote:
face_off wrote:So the workflow you want is.....set the Viewport size, then go into the preferences and lock the Viewport aspect ratio. Then if you want a different aspect ratio you would need to go into the preferences, unlock the aspect ratio, resize the Viewport, then back into the preferences to lock the aspect ratio. That seems like a cumbersome workflow.
Paul

No thats not what Im asking for. The ratio is controlled by the render item frame width/height

eg. My render resolution = 600 width x 400 height

If I resize the preview to 200 pixels high, the width would be 300

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u2707e0fcruz6e7/oct_lw_fixed_asp.mp4
First I resize the width with "fixed asp" off, then I enable it and resize the width again. The plugin adjust the height automatically.

+1 This is exactly what I was requesting a while back as well.
riggles
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cuffi » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:52 pm

cuffi Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:52 pm
face_off wrote:
I figured out the problem. I had installed a trial version of the new Power Translators plugin. After deinstallation of the Power Translators Plugin the Octane for MODO plugin is running fine again...It seems the plugins are interfering...kind of. :cry:
Hi René. I have installed Power Translators, and everything is running fine with the Octane plugin. Can you give me some more info able the problem you are having pls? Does it happen on all scenes, or just those with PT geometry in them. If you render just a simple box in Octane does the problem occur for you?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

this is strange...the problem occurs instantly when MODO is starting up with a blank scene. There is popping up the error message: "An Octane Error has occured. Check the Octane Log for Details". I am able to open the Octane viewport but it is staying grey and showing nothing...If I disable the Power Translators Plugin via System -> Kit Toggle Enable and restarting MODO, the error message is gone and the Octane for Modo Plugin is working fine.

What version of the Power Translators Plugin have you installed? I have the Trial for 1.0 Do you have the trial too or the full version?

René

EDIT: I can get the Octane for MODO plugin to work with the Power Translators Plugin activated if I deactivate the HDR Lightstudio for MODO Plugin. So I have to deactivate one of the both plugins to get Octane back to work. If you not have the HDR Lightstudio for MODO plugin installed, this would explain why you're not being able to reproduce the error...
Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit | GTX780 Ti | GTX 560 TI | Driver Version 337.88 | Intel Core i7 3930K 6x 3,2 GHz | 32 GB RAM
Web: http://www.mentalarts.com
cuffi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:27 pm

face_off Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:27 pm
this is strange...the problem occurs instantly when MODO is starting up with a blank scene. There is popping up the error message: "An Octane Error has occured. Check the Octane Log for Details". I am able to open the Octane viewport but it is staying grey and showing nothing...If I disable the Power Translators Plugin via System -> Kit Toggle Enable and restarting MODO, the error message is gone and the Octane for Modo Plugin is working fine.

What version of the Power Translators Plugin have you installed? I have the Trial for 1.0 Do you have the trial too or the full version?

René

EDIT: I can get the Octane for MODO plugin to work with the Power Translators Plugin activated if I deactivate the HDR Lightstudio for MODO Plugin. So I have to deactivate one of the both plugins to get Octane back to work. If you not have the HDR Lightstudio for MODO plugin installed, this would explain why you're not being able to reproduce the error...
I just tested with Modo801 SP1, Power Translators 1.0, HDR LS 1.0.3, and OctaneRender for Modo 2.0.10.18 and everything ran fine.

What does the Modo Event Log report?
Have you tried deleting you Modo801.cfg? (you will need to re-authenticate the Octane plugin if you do this).

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:32 am

face_off Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:32 am
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u27 ... ed_asp.mp4
Thanks Funk. What happens if you move the bottom of the VIewport up/down? I assume nothing, since the window size is dictated by the width (times the aspect ratio).

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:54 am

face_off Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:54 am
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u27 ... ed_asp.mp4
This is in the next Windows version of the plugin. The OSX version looks to be quite tricky, so will be some time before it's implemented.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby funk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:02 pm

funk Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:02 pm
face_off wrote:What happens if you move the bottom of the VIewport up/down? I assume nothing, since the window size is dictated by the width (times the aspect ratio)

You are right. Dragging the bottom border just does nothing. You can only drag the right border or bottom/right corner to resize the window

face_off wrote:This is in the next Windows version of the plugin. The OSX version looks to be quite tricky, so will be some time before it's implemented.

Awesome! Thanks Paul.
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cuffi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:17 pm

cuffi Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:17 pm
face_off wrote:

René

I just tested with Modo801 SP1, Power Translators 1.0, HDR LS 1.0.3, and OctaneRender for Modo 2.0.10.18 and everything ran fine.

What does the Modo Event Log report?
Have you tried deleting you Modo801.cfg? (you will need to re-authenticate the Octane plugin if you do this).

Paul

I am using exact the same plugins and tried alle the steps you described above, deleting the MODO config included (more than once)...finally I figured out that it was the Substance plugin. It is not uodated to 801 actually and seems to cause the error...When switching off the substance plugin (for MODO 701) I can activate all other plugins and all run fine...thx god!

René
Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit | GTX780 Ti | GTX 560 TI | Driver Version 337.88 | Intel Core i7 3930K 6x 3,2 GHz | 32 GB RAM
Web: http://www.mentalarts.com
cuffi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 pm

face_off Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 pm
I am using exact the same plugins and tried alle the steps you described above, deleting the MODO config included (more than once)...finally I figured out that it was the Substance plugin. It is not uodated to 801 actually and seems to cause the error...When switching off the substance plugin (for MODO 701) I can activate all other plugins and all run fine...thx god!
René, how did you get "Substance for Modo 701" to run in Modo801? I have it installed and it shows up in 701, but not 801.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo