OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 1.55 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 1.55 [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 1.55 [OBSOLETE]

Postby face_off » Mon May 05, 2014 10:46 pm

face_off Mon May 05, 2014 10:46 pm
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Modo 1.5 - TEST RELEASE.

Modo Version
This version requires Modo701 SR4 or later, or Modo801 on Window Vista, 7 or 8. See separate thread of the OS X version.

Nvidia Driver Version
This release requires Nvidia drivers 335.23 or later.

If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Modo version and SR number
- OctaneRender for Modo version (ie. 1.33.0.41)
- List what other plugins you have installed for Modo
- The most important part of resolving a problem is me being able to re-produce that problem. So pls provide as much detail as possible in order for me to do this, and if the problem is specific to the scene, send me the scene.

Known Issues
- Background image compression (ie. when the Viewport is smaller than the background image) is displaying artifacts on the background. This is will be rectified.
- The Modo command Export Selected Layers (rightclick option on a Mesh item) will crash Modo AFTER the export has finished whilst the Octane plugin is enabled. It is a Modo bug, which is being rectified by the Modo developers.

For more information...
- Read the on-line manual
- Watch the "Getting Started" video http://vimeo.com/87048593
- Read the FAQ
- Read the Troubleshooting guide
- Post your question on this forum thread

Limitations
Refer to the on-line manual

Download Links
Download the plugin from the following links:
- OctaneRender for Modo 1.55.0.72 (64 bit)

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender for Modo Beta 1.53.1 [TEST]

Postby funk » Tue May 06, 2014 6:33 am

funk Tue May 06, 2014 6:33 am
Hi Paul

I'm not able to animate any of the options under Octane Mesh > Live geometry. If I set keys, octane seems to lock the value to the first key and even manually changing them does nothing. Rendering an animation with load all frames unchecked doesnt update either.

I'm trying to animate general visibility, camera visibility and shadow visibility.
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Tue May 06, 2014 6:57 am

funk Tue May 06, 2014 6:57 am
face_off wrote:- Added checker pattern if alphachannel is enabled but there is no background image

This works well, but in standalone if I enable "keep environment" it shows the background. The plugin doesnt.

face_off wrote:- Added "Perspective Correction" channel/pin to the Camera node

I see 2 items called "Distortion". One is numeric and the other is a checkbox. The checkbox should be called "Perspective Correction"
I'm testing it out though and can't see any changes. How does it work?

face_off wrote:- Added option to reset Kernel and Camera settings to default (new button above the Save Settings as Defaults)

I'm not seeing any new buttons either.
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Tue May 06, 2014 7:40 am

funk Tue May 06, 2014 7:40 am
I'm testing perspective correction in standalone and I think it's safe to say that it's not working in the modo plugin.

The change is very obvious in the standalone when you camera is rotated. In the modo plugin it has no effect at all
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby v1adut » Tue May 06, 2014 7:46 pm

v1adut Tue May 06, 2014 7:46 pm
Hi Paul,
Thank you for implementing the transparent color into the transmission octane material color, and other tweaks.

As usual I have a challenge for you sir :)

Can you fix the presents weirdness overlapping nodes when loading them ? It is not happening with the nodes when we make an octane override, but when I load presets, well, all goes weird, all the nodes are overlapping, and takes a lot of time for me to arrange them in order to understand,use and adjust them.
v1adut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu May 08, 2014 5:57 am

face_off Thu May 08, 2014 5:57 am
Can you fix the presents weirdness overlapping nodes when loading them ? It is not happening with the nodes when we make an octane override, but when I load presets, well, all goes weird, all the nodes are overlapping, and takes a lot of time for me to arrange them in order to understand,use and adjust them.
Vlad - I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. If I save a material as a preset, then load it and edit in the schematic, the nodes are in the save position they were saved in. Are you able to give me some more information on how I can reproduce this pls?

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Thu May 08, 2014 6:12 am

face_off Thu May 08, 2014 6:12 am
The change is very obvious in the standalone when you camera is rotated. In the modo plugin it has no effect at all
Perspective Correction only works if the up vector of the camera is 0, 1, 0, and inside the Modo plugin, the camera is aligned to the Modo camera rotation vector - which is pointing a little up or down rather than horizontal. A work-around would be to leave the Octane camera at 0, 1, 0 is Perspective Correction is ticked - and in this case if you Roll the Modo camera, the Octane camera would fall out of sync (since 0, 1, 0 represents 0 roll).

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby v1adut » Fri May 09, 2014 5:44 am

v1adut Fri May 09, 2014 5:44 am
face_off wrote:
Vlad - I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. If I save a material as a preset, then load it and edit in the schematic, the nodes are in the save position they were saved in. Are you able to give me some more information on how I can reproduce this pls?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I was referring to LiveDB presets. When l load these nodes, they are opened in a messy way, the nodes are overlapping, making them hard to read and edit.

As for navigation key combination for octane camera. i suggest we keep modo navigation shortcuts. It is good for consistency and will make it feel part of modo. After all this is a modo plugin. :)
v1adut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri May 09, 2014 6:00 am

face_off Fri May 09, 2014 6:00 am
I was referring to LiveDB presets. When l load these nodes, they are opened in a messy way, the nodes are overlapping, making them hard to read and edit.
From memory I replaced the LiveDb Presets ZIP file to fix this. Have you downloaded the latest (6-Apr) from http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Modo/?page_id=909?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby v1adut » Fri May 09, 2014 5:27 pm

v1adut Fri May 09, 2014 5:27 pm
Hi Paul,

I checked,and redownloaded the live DB Contenet, and yes it does overlap items.

About the 1.53.1 there is a bug with modo 701. Directional light set as sun parameters has no effect over the direction of the octane sun.
v1adut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Foundry Modo