OctaneRender® 2022.1 XB 0

Forums: OctaneRender® 2022.1 XB 0
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender® 2022.1 XB 0

Postby mrfactory » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:16 pm

mrfactory Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:16 pm
Hello Iceman

I've working with Virtual Production for more than 20 years, we implemented OctaneRender in 2014 and since that OctaneRender has always been ahead of the market in every key aspect.

1-Baking Camera allowed us to integrate a GroundTruth Unbiased Render workflow that were not possible in UE4 at that time. (see attached images). Using OctaneRender and UE4 gave us the recognition by the industry and that's why we are one of the companies that appear in the Unreal Engine Virtual Production Hub.
2-With this approach we could Previs in UE4 with almost the same quality and colors and then we could render the final footage with an Unbiased Render production engine like Octane all with Pases.
3-With Octane Render we could render bakes using MultiGPU HPC Servers in a fraction of the time needed using CPU Lightmass and even using SWARM at also a fraction of cost.
4-ORBX allowed us the flexibility we needed to mix almost every kind of DCC 3D tools and integrate them with render engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine.
5-Brigade has been always the holy grail for us, since we work mainly in Virtual Production, but we can understand there are many 3rd party hardware and software that Brigade depends on, and if those 3rd party technolgies are delayed, thus will be delayed Brigade. But as far as i know, parts of brigade are already available in OctaneRender software and that's why it's so fast and interactive. We are POC for Omniverse and i had we are already integrating Omniverse in all our workflow https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2022/02/1 ... roduction/, we have tested Omniverse Real Time PathTrace we high end HPC (high performance computers) and i can tell you that UE4 Real Time PathTrace it's not usable in Virtual Production for Broadcast, Film or Fiction Series, cause it's not scalable, you can only use one GPU, and the complexity of the virtual set is limited to just one GPU, (yes you can use nplay, but the complexity of the system makes it unusable) and the quality is far for the one needed in Production. Blender and many other engines are also not usable in Virtual Production because different things. I think Brigade is still the right approach and we can't wait to get hands on.
6-Jules Urbach promised RNDR and it's working, we could reach deadlines in a blockbuster feature film of fictions series thanks to RNDR. RNDR has been adopted by Maxon and Autodesk, so it is recognized by the industry.
7-OctaneRender is a full featured Unbiased render engine that was among the very first in using GPUs, and has been always introduced state of the art features. You have to compare to other Unbiased Render engines. Still Arnold is not fully compatible with GPU render.
8-OctaneRender is reliable and with a very good support. We are very happy on this side.
9-We are very excited with the OTOY roadmap, it is the right way and many other render engines are implementing what OTOY implemented years ago, and we fully endorse it.
10-I have no relation with OTOY, only i want to share my experience. I've been more than 30 years working in the VFX industry, and as CTO of my company i have the mission of test all the technologies that ara available out there, and i have to say that OctaneRender/RNDR one of our best tools in our workflow.

Thanks for creating great software
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] shinningtest - Unreal Editor 2020-04-12 23-47-45.mp4 [ 35.22 MiB | Viewed 2214 times ]

render.jpg
Render
model.jpg
model
real.jpg
Real photo
shining04Render target (2)_Tangent normal_0000_1.png
Whole set baked with 16K tangent normal pass on the same single render.
shining04Render target (2)_Roughness_0000_1.png
Whole set baked with 16K roughness pass on the same single render.
Shinning_Denoissed_Diffuse.jpg
Whole set baked with 16K denoised diffuse pass on single render.
mrfactory
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby haze » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:16 pm

haze Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:16 pm
XB1 should be ready within a week from now. We've finished putting the provisional change list together for the forum post, and it is a monster. Around 60 fixes, and 47 other changes that include major features and improvements.

Part of the reason it took longer is because we have implemented a very different internal QA process. I do think that we won't need as many XB iterations as a result, and we could get to RC1 much faster.

We are also bringing the Mac version up to date - we are expecting to release it with XB1 alongside Windows and Linux, but with some limitations.
haze
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Kalua » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:23 am

Kalua Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:23 am
haze wrote:XB1 should be ready within a week from now. We've finished putting the provisional change list together for the forum post, and it is a monster. Around 60 fixes, and 47 other changes that include major features and improvements.

Part of the reason it took longer is because we have implemented a very different internal QA process. I do think that we won't need as many XB iterations as a result, and we could get to RC1 much faster.

We are also bringing the Mac version up to date - we are expecting to release it with XB1 alongside Windows and Linux, but with some limitations.

Thanks, Haze, for the update.
I appreciate that.
Regards,
C4D 25.117 Octane 2022.1.2 R4, <<2 X 3090 + NVlink>>, Windows 10, X399, AMD TR 1950X, 128 GB RAM, NVIDIA SD 536.67
https://www.behance.net/PaperArchitect
Kalua
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kalua » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:44 am

Kalua Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:44 am
mrfactory wrote:Hello Iceman

I've working with Virtual Production for more than 20 years, we implemented OctaneRender in 2014 and since that OctaneRender has always been ahead of the market in every key aspect.

1-Baking Camera allowed us to integrate a GroundTruth Unbiased Render workflow that were not possible in UE4 at that time. (see attached images). Using OctaneRender and UE4 gave us the recognition by the industry and that's why we are one of the companies that appear in the Unreal Engine Virtual Production Hub.
2-With this approach we could Previs in UE4 with almost the same quality and colors and then we could render the final footage with an Unbiased Render production engine like Octane all with Pases.
3-With Octane Render we could render bakes using MultiGPU HPC Servers in a fraction of the time needed using CPU Lightmass and even using SWARM at also a fraction of cost.
4-ORBX allowed us the flexibility we needed to mix almost every kind of DCC 3D tools and integrate them with render engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine.
5-Brigade has been always the holy grail for us, since we work mainly in Virtual Production, but we can understand there are many 3rd party hardware and software that Brigade depends on, and if those 3rd party technolgies are delayed, thus will be delayed Brigade. But as far as i know, parts of brigade are already available in OctaneRender software and that's why it's so fast and interactive. We are POC for Omniverse and i had we are already integrating Omniverse in all our workflow https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2022/02/1 ... roduction/, we have tested Omniverse Real Time PathTrace we high end HPC (high performance computers) and i can tell you that UE4 Real Time PathTrace it's not usable in Virtual Production for Broadcast, Film or Fiction Series, cause it's not scalable, you can only use one GPU, and the complexity of the virtual set is limited to just one GPU, (yes you can use nplay, but the complexity of the system makes it unusable) and the quality is far for the one needed in Production. Blender and many other engines are also not usable in Virtual Production because different things. I think Brigade is still the right approach and we can't wait to get hands on.
6-Jules Urbach promised RNDR and it's working, we could reach deadlines in a blockbuster feature film of fictions series thanks to RNDR. RNDR has been adopted by Maxon and Autodesk, so it is recognized by the industry.
7-OctaneRender is a full featured Unbiased render engine that was among the very first in using GPUs, and has been always introduced state of the art features. You have to compare to other Unbiased Render engines. Still Arnold is not fully compatible with GPU render.
8-OctaneRender is reliable and with a very good support. We are very happy on this side.
9-We are very excited with the OTOY roadmap, it is the right way and many other render engines are implementing what OTOY implemented years ago, and we fully endorse it.
10-I have no relation with OTOY, only i want to share my experience. I've been more than 30 years working in the VFX industry, and as CTO of my company i have the mission of test all the technologies that ara available out there, and i have to say that OctaneRender/RNDR one of our best tools in our workflow.

Thanks for creating great software

Thanks for your input and point of view, Mrfactory!
Very interesting insights, specially regarding the UN5 lack of scalability, didn't have the opportunity to use it for production yet.
Regards,
C4D 25.117 Octane 2022.1.2 R4, <<2 X 3090 + NVlink>>, Windows 10, X399, AMD TR 1950X, 128 GB RAM, NVIDIA SD 536.67
Kalua
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Iceman9 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:35 am

Iceman9 Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:35 am
Kalua wrote:
haze wrote:XB1 should be ready within a week from now. We've finished putting the provisional change list together for the forum post, and it is a monster. Around 60 fixes, and 47 other changes that include major features and improvements.

Thanks, Haze, for the update.
I appreciate that.
Regards,

Thanks for the update. The stall combined with any lack of communication was making a lot of us *cranky*.
Iceman9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jimho » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:42 am

jimho Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:42 am
I'd like to ask is it possible that Brigade can be integrated into other programs like Revit as a plugin?

Supermicro 4028GR TR2|Intel xeon E5 2697 V3| windows 10| revit 2019 |Titan V+ Quadro GV100+RTX 2080 Ti
jimho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby haze » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:12 pm

haze Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:12 pm
jimho wrote:I'd like to ask is it possible that Brigade can be integrated into other programs like Revit as a plugin?

Paul might have a better answer, but short answer is yes, as part of Octane. But it does depend on Revit at least somewhat, because their API has to be fast enough to deal with so many images arriving from Brigade.
haze
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby jimho » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:22 am

jimho Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:22 am
the most competitive renderers on revit are enscape, twinmotion etc. they all base on game render engines,
So if brigade is another game engine, why I am asking this means is there a possibility that brigade can be developed into a app's render engine, just like unity and UE4 did in enscape and twinmotion...

Supermicro 4028GR TR2|Intel xeon E5 2697 V3| windows 10| revit 2019 |Titan V+ Quadro GV100+RTX 2080 Ti
jimho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kalua » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:03 pm

Kalua Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:03 pm
jimho wrote:the most competitive renderers on revit are enscape, twinmotion etc. they all base on game render engines,
So if brigade is another game engine, why I am asking this means is there a possibility that brigade can be developed into a app's render engine, just like unity and UE4 did in enscape and twinmotion...

Octane Standalone isn't enough?
Kalua
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jimho » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:33 am

jimho Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:33 am
Kalua wrote:
jimho wrote:the most competitive renderers on revit are enscape, twinmotion etc. they all base on game render engines,

Octane Standalone isn't enough?

I personally use octane standalone,
but for most revit users, enscape, twinmotion, lumion are much more easy to use and "one key" renderer, means they are much more ready for rendering, architects are too busy, and octane for revit is obviously not at the same level software if compare to them...
and revit plays a great role in whole AEC industry and so called BIM

jimho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Development Build Releases