OctaneRender™ 2019.1 RC2

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2019.1 RC2
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2019.1 RC2 [latest 2019.1.x]

Postby divasoft » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:35 pm

divasoft Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:35 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:Why particles are not exported in Standalone? That should work fine.

Orbx not support export particles as is. It possible only as geometry and if scene consist over a few million particle meshes Standalone simply crashes.
In this case, each animation frame was a few gigabytes in size. It's extensive wrong path to export particles. One user said that he was able to export particles like Alembic сache, but I don’t know how to do it and whether it will be possible to use particle attributes such as speed, color, opacity, age, etc. And further. Particles motionblur should work fine in the integration, without stand export. This is a serious problem.
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:04 pm

linograndiotoy Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:04 pm
divasoft wrote:
linograndiotoy wrote:Why particles are not exported in Standalone? That should work fine.

Orbx not support export particles as is. It possible only as geometry and if scene consist over a few million particle meshes Standalone simply crashes.
In this case, each animation frame was a few gigabytes in size. It's extensive wrong path to export particles. One user said that he was able to export particles like Alembic сache, but I don’t know how to do it and whether it will be possible to use particle attributes such as speed, color, opacity, age, etc. And further. Particles motionblur should work fine in the integration, without stand export. This is a serious problem.

I agree it should work fine in the plugin. My advice is to make a post about it in the dedicated Cinema 4D section.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby fantome » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 pm

fantome Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 pm
yes particle job with Octane standalone is PITA.
i am able to store in alembic
- radiusPP by adding a @width attribute in houdini
- ColorPP and AlphaPP by storing them in the @uv attribute throw a remapping tricks that is describe here
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=72082&start=10
- but you will not be able to read ColorPP and AlphaPP in standalone because the .abc exporter has a bug or a missing feature, it doesn't read UV on points.
- you can't render any other attributes like life/age/ etc ...you would need that the vertex texture node to work on point but this feature doesn't work either.

So to sum up -> stay away from octane standalone for particle job.
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby divasoft » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:49 am

divasoft Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:49 am
linograndiotoy wrote:
divasoft wrote:

I agree it should work fine in the plugin. My advice is to make a post about it in the dedicated Cinema 4D section.

I wrote to the Cinema4d thread 2 times, but Aoktar ignores me. Therefore, I despaired and write here. The next project of our studio will be make on RS, despite the fact that we used octane for 8 years.
Last edited by divasoft on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby divasoft » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:51 am

divasoft Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:51 am
fantome wrote:yes particle job with Octane standalone is PITA.
i am able to store in alembic
- radiusPP by adding a @width attribute in houdini
- ColorPP and AlphaPP by storing them in the @uv attribute throw a remapping tricks that is describe here
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=72082&start=10
- but you will not be able to read ColorPP and AlphaPP in standalone because the .abc exporter has a bug or a missing feature, it doesn't read UV on points.
- you can't render any other attributes like life/age/ etc ...you would need that the vertex texture node to work on point but this feature doesn't work either.

So to sum up -> stay away from octane standalone for particle job.

In this case, Octave can not be called a tool for professional work.
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby divasoft » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:43 pm

divasoft Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:43 pm
in addition
Attachments
Без имени-1.jpg
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fantome » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 pm

fantome Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 pm
well it depends on the jobs and the software you use. if you use houdini / octane and stay inside houdini it is usable, clunky with the need to bypass user data access but workable. if you stay in C4D , X-particles and octane is also usable.
but yes i agree with you for octane standalone, impossibility to read per particle attribute in the 4.0 version of a rendering software, 3 years after Octane 3.1 was announced for Q4 2016 with those features, is a little bit frustrating. I have buy 2 2018 license for 400$ thinking that the problem was finally solved with the new vertex texture nodes, and my patience was rewarded , but unfortunaltly this feature only work on poly and not on the 2 types of object that are the most important, curves ( hair ) and particles. it doesn't look to be on the roadmap for 2019. I love octane, it's a beautiful engine, so i guess i'll wait until december before considering a switch , on this other gpu render engine. Many have already done the switch in the FX and motion design sector, but i love unbiased logic , that's the fuel of my patience ... But i start to complain too much on this forum :) , that is a bad sign , maybe i'm starting to be short on fuel.
Cheers
E
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:03 pm

linograndiotoy Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:03 pm
divasoft wrote:I wrote to the Cinema4d thread 2 times, but Aoktar ignores me. Therefore, I despaired and write here. The next project of our studio will be make on RS, despite the fact that we used octane for 8 years.

Did you post some content and steps to reproduce the issue? This is something needed if we want problems to be fixed.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby divasoft » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:52 pm

divasoft Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:52 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:
divasoft wrote:I wrote to the Cinema4d thread 2 times, but Aoktar ignores me. Therefore, I despaired and write here. The next project of our studio will be make on RS, despite the fact that we used octane for 8 years.

Did you post some content and steps to reproduce the issue? This is something needed if we want problems to be fixed.

all needed information in this post viewtopic.php?f=33&t=72147&start=20#p366269
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:01 am

linograndiotoy Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:01 am
divasoft wrote:
linograndiotoy wrote:

all needed information in this post viewtopic.php?f=33&t=72147&start=20#p366269

Content (in the form of a project file) is really needed for the coder to be able to reproduce the issue.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Development Build Releases