OctaneRender™ 2019.1 RC1

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2019.1 RC1
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ 2019.1 RC1 [latest 2019.1.x]

Postby Notiusweb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:00 pm

Notiusweb Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:00 pm
@Diva-
I read your post and immediately thought of my own experience where I ran particle sims from Max and C4D, and found that was just faster to export as Alembic to standalone, and then I saw Jolbertoquini suggested that.
So +1 to Jolbertoquini suggesting Alembic.
(I don't know though if you will lose something else by leaving C4D plugin as opposed to standalone.)

I know it sucks...Sometimes with these apps you find you have no choice but to workaround with alternatives best you can.
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Notiusweb Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:13 pm
Here's a simple idea for the Daylight Sun.
Let us rotate the direction by Gizmo, like Geometry-placement allows us to.

Because I love the map, it is awesome, and the float value works good to, but sometimes controlling it feels all haphazard
Whereas, if we could also use gizmo to modify float it would be really useful.

Oh BTW - Great job resizing the GPU list in Preferences, Very Nice! Much better!

THX.
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: !!! Impossible to render with motion blur !!!

Postby divasoft » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:22 am

divasoft Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:22 am
Jolbertoquini wrote:
divasoft wrote:Hellow. Attention! Impossible to render with motion blur!
I wrote 2 times about this problem Aktar. He ignores me.
I'm use Cinema4d. When motion blur is turned on in the scene and there are many particles (hundreds of thousands) the time to calculate motion blur increases frame by frame and can reach huge values ​​in a few hours per frame. BUT! If i restart the render and start from the same frame, the render time is reduced to a few minutes. Because of this, it is absolutely impossible to render projects with a huge number of particles. This error is repeated on any scenes, on any computers. I can’t check this bug in standalone, because it is impossible to export particles from Cinema4d to Stand., but I believe that this problem is related to the core.
Briefly: the same frames with a huge number of particles and turned on MB can be rendered for 5 minutes and for 2 hours.

Please solve the problem !!!

We had similar issues with Maya actually is complicate with the plugs I think.

One thing we did to fixe was on the soft side is export our particles as Alembic caches and add at standalone at scene exported or in other shots we did as "orbx proxy" on the scene, this technics allowed us to render really fast a big amount of particles, but also you are completely right we had a project recently with a huge amount of particles from Houdini and was really slow compare to other engines here when we have opacity and higher motion blur settings.

100k particles is not that much for Octane, we did a project here 15millions particles with opacity and motion blur the render was fine like 20min full scene only particles 256 sampels 6min in one 1080ti (screen shot) a frame in some cases.

The problem, I think is coming from the plugs because they are not getting the cache as Alembic and using the default sphere from the standalone, but is doing they on stuff like scatter a custom sphere from the soft which takes a huge time to render cause of the C4D in your case and Maya on our side well not easier I guess is export problem.

In your scene is strange the render time is changing quite a lot one thing to check is the amount of particle on this frames maybe is keeping on the buffer the older particles and get this add on the frames and render really slow ?

Best,
JO

Thanks for you answer. is ti possible to get from alembic particles cach PP parameters? like age, speed, color?
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby divasoft » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:27 am

divasoft Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:27 am
Notiusweb wrote:@Diva-
I read your post and immediately thought of my own experience where I ran particle sims from Max and C4D, and found that was just faster to export as Alembic to standalone, and then I saw Jolbertoquini suggested that.
So +1 to Jolbertoquini suggesting Alembic.
(I don't know though if you will lose something else by leaving C4D plugin as opposed to standalone.)

I know it sucks...Sometimes with these apps you find you have no choice but to workaround with alternatives best you can.

Yes, and this is crazy. MB do not work same, it's extensive path. This is a bug, not a limitation. Because the frame that was rendered for half an hour, after restarting, is rendered for 5 minutes (with same particles).
I feel that there is quite a bit left when it finally pisses me off completely and I will switch to redshift along with all my employees.
divasoft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender™ 2019.1 RC1

Postby fantome » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:07 am

fantome Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:07 am
Hi guys thats is very interesting to read you.

I am also struggling with similar issues, how to export houdini curves and particles to Octane standalone and C4D.
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=72082

i was thinking to switch to C4D plugin But after reading you i am not sure it's a good idea anymore.

So that would be great to sum up and centralise what works and what doesn' t works.

Houdini Particles to C4D :
- are you able to export particle radiusPP ?
- are you able to export standard ColorPP and AlphaPP attributes ?
- are you able to export advanced attributes like age, speed, lifespan etc ?
- are you able to render 3D motion blur on particles in C4D ?

Houdini curves to C4D :
- are you able to export curves width ?
- are you able to export standard Color and Alpha attributes ?
- are you able to export advanced custom attributes ?
- are you able to render 3D motion blur on curves in C4D ?

Houdini Particles to Standalone :
- i can export @pscale by storing it in a point attribute @width
- i can' t export color by using the UV channel tricks of the houdini plugin with rgb4k_map.ppm, alpha4k_map.ppm because standalone look to be unable to read per particles uv attributes.
- advanced attributes doesn' t look to work
- motion blur works

Houdini curves to Standalone:
- i can export curves @width by storing it as a point attribute
- i can export export color and alpha by using the houdini tricks with rgb4k_map.ppm, alpha4k_map.ppm . in order to do so i create a primitive @uv attribute and i run this code by juanjo on a primitive wrangle node :

Code: Select all
int base       = 64;
int resolution = 4096;

float r = @Cd.x;
float g = @Cd.y;
float b = @Cd.z;
float a = @Alpha;

float min = 0.04;
float max = 0.96;

if(r<min) r = min; if(r>max) r = max;
if(g<min) g = min; if(g>max) g = max;
if(b<min) b = min; if(b>max) b = max;
if(a<min) a = min; if(a>max) a = max;

int rl = r*(base-1);
int gl = g*(base-1);
int bl = b*(base-1);
int al = a*(base-1);

int rgbLine = al + bl*base + gl*base*base + rl*base*base*base;
int xPix    = rgbLine%resolution;
int yPix    = rgbLine/resolution;

[email protected] = (float)xPix/resolution;
[email protected] = 1.0 - (float)yPix/resolution;

- advanced custom attributes are not supported
- motion blur looks to work

That would be fantastic if we all make a precise list of what works and what doesn' t works in order to avoid people searching and testing for HOURS.
This export attributes stuff is really a huge PITA.

I prefer Octane , but i am also evaluating RS at the moment for the same reason as you divasoft.

Cheers
E
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Development Build Releases