OctaneRender™ V4 XB4

Forums: OctaneRender™ V4 XB4
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ V4 XB4

Postby Notiusweb » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:59 am

Notiusweb Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:59 am
I have to ask for this!

In Universal Material - would it be possible to put...in addition to Power, and Gamma...an image Saturation pin?
This would really take things to the next level to have a full slate of editing abilities like some other PBR engines have, in one material.
I appreciate this consideration!
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wallace » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:23 am

wallace Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:23 am
Notiusweb wrote:I have to ask for this!

In Universal Material - would it be possible to put...in addition to Power, and Gamma...an image Saturation pin?
This would really take things to the next level to have a full slate of editing abilities like some other PBR engines have, in one material.

This is more of a general image operation you want to do, it's not strictly relevant to the universal material. You can actually achieve this via OSL texture, for example:

Code: Select all
shader OslTexture(
    color inputColor = 0,
    float saturation = 0 [[float min = 0.0, float max = 1.0]],
    output color c = 0)
{
    color hsl = transformc("rgb", "hsl", inputColor);
    hsl[1] = hsl[1] * saturation;
    c = transformc("hsl", "rgb", hsl);
}
Attachments
saturation.png
saturation OSL texture
wallace
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Notiusweb » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:30 am

Notiusweb Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:30 am
wallace wrote:
Notiusweb wrote:I have to ask for this!

This is more of a general image operation you want to do, it's not strictly relevant to the universal material. You can actually achieve this via OSL texture, for example:

Code: Select all
shader OslTexture(
    color inputColor = 0,
    float saturation = 0 [[float min = 0.0, float max = 1.0]],
    output color c = 0)
{
    color hsl = transformc("rgb", "hsl", inputColor);
    hsl[1] = hsl[1] * saturation;
    c = transformc("hsl", "rgb", hsl);
}

Hi, thank you. Do you know reason I might be experiencing this error:

Saturation.jpg

Also, is it possible to still have Gamma and Power with Saturation, or can OSL only do Saturation without Gamma and Power?
:oops:

THX!
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby funk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm

funk Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm
Could you guys share that AI light example from the first post?
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:33 pm

paride4331 Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:33 pm
coilbook wrote:should I use denoise on completion or denoise every so many seconds for animation? is there much difference? Thanks

Hi coilbook,
once you verified correct denoise setting in your scene, I personally would recommend for denoise on completion.
you will save time for each frame you render.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby coilbook » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:19 pm

coilbook Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:19 pm
paride4331 wrote:
coilbook wrote:should I use denoise on completion or denoise every so many seconds for animation? is there much difference? Thanks

Hi coilbook,
once you verified correct denoise setting in your scene, I personally would recommend for denoise on completion.
you will save time for each frame you render.
Regards
Paride

Thank you! What about AI lights? Do I need to enable ai lights and ai update? Or only when I have night scenes with hundreds of lights? There is not a lot of info about it
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wallace » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:39 pm

wallace Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:39 pm
Notiusweb wrote:Hi, thank you. Do you know reason I might be experiencing this error:

Saturation.jpg

Also, is it possible to still have Gamma and Power with Saturation, or can OSL only do Saturation without Gamma and Power?

THX!

My bad, it seems like it's a feature available post-XB4. The point of this is you can connect an image texture as an input to this osl texture node, so you don't actually lose gamma and power for your image texture.

I'd like to say you should use this OSL texture sparingly as it involves transforming between color space twice, so only use it when you absolutely need to change the saturation.

To use this texture node, please head over and download our latest V4 RC1: https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68491
wallace
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby wallace » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:51 pm

wallace Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:51 pm
funk wrote:Could you guys share that AI light example from the first post?

Here is an example of AI light test scene. Please note that we have since found and fixed a few bugs of AI light and also implemented the AI light update again after XB4, so I would recommend you download the latest build to use this feature.

And here is RC1: https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68491

coilbook wrote:Thank you! What about AI lights? Do I need to enable ai lights and ai update? Or only when I have night scenes with hundreds of lights? There is not a lot of info about it

AI light is a completely separate feature from denoiser. It works better with increasing number of lights, it's basically a smarter light sampling algorithm, I'd advise you to use it when your scene has some complex lighting with many lights or walls, plus when you see your direct light passes with diffuse/reflection struggling to find sample lights in the scene.
Attachments
AI light test.orbx
Ai light test scene
(152.84 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
wallace
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby funk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:24 am

funk Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:24 am
Thanks Wallace
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 am

Notiusweb Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 am
wallace wrote:
Notiusweb wrote:Hi, thank you. Do you know reason I might be experiencing this error:

Saturation.jpg

THX!

My bad, it seems like it's a feature available post-XB4. The point of this is you can connect an image texture as an input to this osl texture node, so you don't actually lose gamma and power for your image texture.

I'd like to say you should use this OSL texture sparingly as it involves transforming between color space twice, so only use it when you absolutely need to change the saturation.

To use this texture node, please head over and download our latest V4 RC1: https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68491

:P YES! this is great!
THX!!!!!
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Development Build Releases