OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08 RC 1

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08 RC 1
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08 RC 1 [latest 3.xx]

Postby funk » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:03 am

funk Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:03 am
abstrax wrote:
funk wrote:Ive been doing some "sheen" tests in modo, blender cycles and renderman for blender (using pxrDisney), since they all have a principled shader. The sheen doesnt change based on roughness in any of their shaders.

In octane, roughness affects sheen. Is this intentional?

At the moment that is intentional yes, since the sheen roughness is driven by the glossy roughness. But yes, practically it doesn't make a lot of sense since the sheen is basically an additional material layer (i.e. some "fluff") sitting on top of the glossy material and thus shouldn't really be driven by the underlying glossy properties.
-> We will add a sheen roughness channel.

OK great, because I actually like having additional control over the spread of the sheen! :) I think having it's own roughness control makes a lot more sense
Win10 Pro/ Ryzen 5950X / 128GB / RTX 4090 / MODO
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ
funk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:57 am

coilbook Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:57 am
abstrax wrote:
Phantom107 wrote:Not sure if this is 3.08 RC 1 specific but reporting on it anyways;

Apparently it's possible for a render slave to crash, it apparently gets a new IP from the network (maybe this causes the crash in the first place), then when killing off the daemon and re-launching the slave, the master PC recognises it as a totally new machine (please see attachment)

Sorry, I don't know what happened here. The only thing I can think of is that the slave either crashed or disconnected from the network, then reconnected, the DHCP server assigned it a new IP address and neither the DHCP or Octane detected the disconnect and thus it gets a new IP address and a new entry for the net render master.

I have noticed it before that sometimes a slave completely disconnects from the network and then reconnects and the master doesn't recognize the disconnect and reconnect and the socket connection becomes useless, but the master still thinks everything is fine. Unfortunately, this happens only rarely and never when I try to debug the problem which is why I don't know yet, what exactly is happening in that case.

Thanks also last night renderer stopped where green progress line was almsot full and when i went to network I saw that octane duplicated all my slaves and gave me an error stopping slaves more than 20 GPUs in use. NEver had this before.
Attachments
duplicates.jpg
Last edited by coilbook on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:59 am

coilbook Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:59 am
smicha wrote:
coilbook wrote:can anyone at otoy at least give me an advice why slaves just disappear after rendering 2-3 hours from network list especially when rendering lots of foam and phoenix. Does my network card fail? Can it be a router? Slaves just disappear and octane continues to render with master GPUs. All slaves have to be manually restarted it's been for 3-4 months now Never had these problems before. Thanks

Please try binding your machines MAC addresses to certain IPs on your router settings (usually it is 192.168.1.1 or 100). It may happen that your IPs are assigned randomly. Let me know if it helps.

hi do you have any tutorials or how to do it Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Development Build Releases