Scatter On Surface Confusion

Forums: Scatter On Surface Confusion
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Scatter On Surface Confusion

Postby Andreas_Resch » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:09 am

Andreas_Resch Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:09 am
I was just fooling around with Scatter On Surface and there's something that's a bit odd. Not sure if it's a bug or something that I don't understand yet. I've recorded a video here ... http://www.argfx.at/upload/Octane_ScatterOnSurface_01.mp4

As you can see, when I duplicate a surface with scattered objects and then disconnect the Scatter node from the Material Output node, it's still being rendered. That shouldn't be the case, right? Why would there be an input socket in the Material Output node then, anyway?Maybe someone can explain that.

Also the fact that the objects aren't instantly displayed when you connect the Scatter node to the Material Output node, is confusing. I had to search for a tutorial video on Youtube to learn that you also need to set some settings in the Object panel. This is am instant road block for new users and should be thought about for convenience. One more settings that slaps an additional "weird" label on Octane. And we have a bunch of those already.
Andreas_Resch

Re: Scatter On Surface Confusion

Postby linograndiotoy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:58 pm

linograndiotoy Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:58 pm
I'm waiting for a small fix to scatter before making a video about it.
It will answer several questions.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender