Material update issues etc..

Forums: Material update issues etc..
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Material update issues etc..

Postby owei » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:46 pm

owei Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:46 pm
Hi there,

I am new to Ocatne and Blender, so bare with me if I am missing something.
I was testing the latest stable version 28.5 Studio withe the according Blender build.
As soon as I add an new object to the scene and give it a new material, the new material won´t show up on the newly created object.
I need to switch to from the render preview to shaded view and back to render preview to see the new material appearing on the new object.
Changes to the material do update correctly in the render preview.

As soon a I draw a render region, Octane keeps on sampling and does not take the sample restrictions into account. I seems to render for "ever" and samples keep counting up.

Thanks for any advice on these issues!

My system:
RTX 3080 and the latest Nvidia drivers (546.17), AMD Ryzen 5950x, 64gig ram Win 11 pro
owei
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Material update issues etc..

Postby TheBricksburgTheatre » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:18 am

TheBricksburgTheatre Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:18 am
Hi Owei,

I have the same situation when I assign a material to an object that I first have to leave the render mode so that the assignment is updated. But I have no problem with that. And when I switch to RenderRegion mode, the viewport samples infinitely. I think this is normal and possibly intentional. I really like this function because I can only sample the area that is important to me until it looks good without having to constantly adjust the sampling number.

Maybe it can be switched off, unfortunately I don't know. Sorry.

Cheerz
TheBricksburgTheatre
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Material update issues etc..

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:03 am

linograndiotoy Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:03 am
owei wrote:As soon as I add an new object to the scene and give it a new material, the new material won´t show up on the newly created object.
I need to switch to from the render preview to shaded view and back to render preview to see the new material appearing on the new object.
Changes to the material do update correctly in the render preview."

That's been fixed already (along other preview update issues). The new build is now available.

owei wrote:As soon a I draw a render region, Octane keeps on sampling and does not take the sample restrictions into account. I seems to render for "ever" and samples keep counting up.

That's how render region works in Standalone, so it can't be "fixed" in Blender.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender