SSS Shader and Dirt Node

Forums: SSS Shader and Dirt Node
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

SSS Shader and Dirt Node

Postby TheBricksburgTheatre » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:49 pm

TheBricksburgTheatre Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:49 pm
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the SSS shader. I have built a SSS Shader based on the Specular Material. What I want to do now is to integrate the Dirt Node into this shader. For example, if I link a Dirt Node in a Universal Shader into the Albedo I get the effect I need. However, there is no albedo input in my SSS shader. In my shader I use scattering as medium. So basically I want to multiply the dirt node into the SSS shader. I have tried the following ways: Via a composite material, material layers and via the realtime compositor I mixed a diffuse material with a dirt node with my SSS shader. However, I am not getting exactly the result I want. Then as a last attempt I built a SSS shader with the universal material where an albedo channel exists and then added the dirt node and it works and looks good. Problem is, the SSS Shader based on the Univeral Material does not look as good as with the Specular Material. can someone help me with this? I hope I could express myself well if not I will provide some screenshots.

Thanks for the support, cheerz
TheBricksburgTheatre
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: SSS Shader and Dirt Node

Postby linograndiotoy » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:14 am

linograndiotoy Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:14 am
Be sure to use Fake Shadows in your Material.
Also, the Universal Material offers 2 Transmission Type options, Specular and Diffuse. Did you try those?
By the way, Random Walk is what I use every time I need SSS materials in my projects.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby elsksa » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:45 pm

elsksa Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:45 pm
Seconding Lino's RandomWalk suggestion.

By the way, worth keeping an eye on this page, soon to be completed. Universal, Specular and Standard Surface have been used, RandomWalk medium included.
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TheBricksburgTheatre » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:11 am

TheBricksburgTheatre Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:11 am
Hi all, thx for the useful replies and sry for late answer. Yes, I finally managed to get it work! Thank you very much!

cheerz!!!
TheBricksburgTheatre
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:03 am

linograndiotoy Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:03 am
Great!
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender