Enabling denoise freezes the render!

Forums: Enabling denoise freezes the render!
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Enabling denoise freezes the render!

Postby Hightechmech » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:15 am

Hightechmech Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:15 am
Hello guys!
It's not weird that enabling the denoise in the Octane override settings in N panel slows down and even freezes the render? The engine works even better and smoothly without the denoiser! I had a complex scene in the past that I stopped working with cause of this issue which I was not aware of because of the complexity of the scene.. So any answers for this?
Hightechmech
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Enabling denoise freezes the render!

Postby Andreas_Resch » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:39 pm

Andreas_Resch Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:39 pm
This might be related to the problem that I've already reported in the Bug Report section. When the Denoiser is enabled, Blender becomes unresponsive. The viewport isn't updated and I can't even cancel the rendering. However, the rendering is happening in the background. And once the rendering is done, Blender can be used again.
Andreas_Resch

Postby J.C » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:15 pm

J.C Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:15 pm
Hightechmech wrote:Hello guys!
It's not weird that enabling the denoise in the Octane override settings in N panel slows down and even freezes the render? The engine works even better and smoothly without the denoiser! I had a complex scene in the past that I stopped working with cause of this issue which I was not aware of because of the complexity of the scene.. So any answers for this?

If you want a smooth experience with Octane, never enable denoiser when working on a scene.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Andreas_Resch » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:17 pm

Andreas_Resch Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:17 pm
I don't. This concerns final rendering.
Andreas_Resch

Postby Hightechmech » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:01 pm

Hightechmech Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:01 pm
Andreas_Resch wrote:This might be related to the problem that I've already reported in the Bug Report section. When the Denoiser is enabled, Blender becomes unresponsive. The viewport isn't updated and I can't even cancel the rendering. However, the rendering is happening in the background. And once the rendering is done, Blender can be used again.

Oh really thanks for mentioning this, I didn't know this is a bug I thought it just happened for me, and you know as I noticed changing the render pass from denoised beauty to beauty (or vise versa) helps the render from stucking in that situation! I really regret that I just abandoned a very complicated sci-fi scene of mine just because of this issue which I couldn't address anymore since the scene had become so heavy and messed up impossible to work with.. and now that I open that scene everything is messed up especially the lighting because the Octane structure seems to be changed fundamentally in the recent updates..
Hightechmech
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hightechmech » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:03 pm

Hightechmech Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:03 pm
J.C wrote:
Hightechmech wrote:Hello guys!

If you want a smooth experience with Octane, never enable denoiser when working on a scene.

That's right.. I figured it out so late unfortunately after missing a lot of projects I intended to do using Octane in Blender.. it seems Octane behaves exactly opposite to Cycles in this special case of denoising!
Hightechmech
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Blender