Different appearance/reflections in Blender vs. C4D

Forums: Different appearance/reflections in Blender vs. C4D
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Different appearance/reflections in Blender vs. C4D

Postby Yngvai » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:19 pm

Yngvai Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:19 pm
Hi,

I recently migrated to Blender with Octane from C4d with Octane.

The following pic is a render I produced in C4D with Octane, compositing the Bumblebee model into the live action shot of my driveway.

I tried to match the same render in Blender, using the exact same HDRI lighting and exact same materials in the model (Octane Universal materials...I copied the settings for each material over from C4D).

Ignoring the color difference (due to differences in color management), the HDRI reflections are much more dull and less sharp in the Blender render. This is despite the model and HDRI being placed in almosthe exact same spot, and the HDRI settings being the same.

Any idea why this is the case?
Yngvai
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Different appearance/reflections in Blender vs. C4D

Postby Andreas_Resch » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:44 am

Andreas_Resch Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:44 am
Just to clarify. Changes in color management will not only result on color differences but also in differences in tonality. So you should use the same color configuration for a proper comparison. But aside from that, the reflection looks different as well. As if the rotation of the HDRI isn't the same. You need to synchronize that properly as well.
Andreas_Resch

Re: Different appearance/reflections in Blender vs. C4D

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:28 pm

linograndiotoy Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:28 pm
As Andreas already said, you should match both the HDRI rotation and the color correction you used in Cinema.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender