Trouble matching viewport shading render to final render

Forums: Trouble matching viewport shading render to final render
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Trouble matching viewport shading render to final render

Postby Yngvai » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:07 am

Yngvai Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:07 am
Hi,

I'm having trouble matching my Blender viewport shading render to my final render. I have a car model, lit with Octane Daylight environment and a custom HDRI as the sky texture in that environment. Viewport shading render looks like this:

which is the look that I want.

However, actual render looks like this:

I've searched the forums and I've seen that you can change the Color Management in the Octane Render settings and then the Viewport shader will then match the final render. However, I want the final render to match the viewport shader, not the other way around.

Current "Color Management" settings in Render Properties Tab:

If I change "View Transform" to "Raw", then the viewport shader render will match the final render. However, I want my final render to have the "Standard" look, and I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. I do have the "Octane Camera Imager(Render Mode)" checked in the Camera tab settings, but that doesn't seem to make any difference whether it's checked or not.
Yngvai
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Trouble matching viewport shading render to final render

Postby Andreas_Resch » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:01 am

Andreas_Resch Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:01 am
Hey.

You need to set the View Transform to "RAW". Octane has its own internal color management. I suggest that you use the PixelManager color configuration file. There are a ton of OCIO options in there and I'm sure that you will find some settings that matches your expectations. But like that, it's the proper way to go about it.

Here's the link ... https://github.com/Joegenco/PixelManager

Just point the "OCIO Config File" entry in the Octane Prefences to the "config.ocio" file of this package.
Andreas_Resch

Postby Yngvai » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:22 pm

Yngvai Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:22 pm
Thank you. I was able to somewhat match the original "Standard" look by, after changing to RAW, changing the "Response Type" in "Tone Mapping" in the camera settings to Agfa/Agfacolor HDC 400 plusCD, and also re-adjusting the power of the sun and also the HDRI back to 1 (which I had to abnormally lower to around 0.3-0.4 when using the Blender "Standard" color management).

Yngvai
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:30 pm

linograndiotoy Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:30 pm
It's always very important to totally turn off Blender's own color correction an use Octane's options exclusively.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender