AOV for Denoiser Beauty

Forums: AOV for Denoiser Beauty
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

AOV for Denoiser Beauty

Postby Andreas_Resch » Sun May 21, 2023 2:39 pm

Andreas_Resch Sun May 21, 2023 2:39 pm
I can't find an AOV node for Denoiser Beauty. Any idea how I can add that pass to my AOV outputs?

AOV_01.jpg
Andreas_Resch

Re: AOV for Denoiser Beauty

Postby linograndiotoy » Tue May 23, 2023 12:25 pm

linograndiotoy Tue May 23, 2023 12:25 pm
You can find the Denoised Beauty in the Octane Composite environment.

No need to add it to the AOVs, since is already selectable along with the Beauty pass, in the Render AOV Output node.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Andreas_Resch » Tue May 23, 2023 12:56 pm

Andreas_Resch Tue May 23, 2023 12:56 pm
Yeah. I'll stay away from those AOV editors for now. They are too confusing. Seems to be better integrated in Cinema 4D where there's just one AOV editor. Maybe it makes more sense there. As long as the Blender Compositor is supported, I should be fine.
Andreas_Resch

Postby J.C » Tue May 23, 2023 7:39 pm

J.C Tue May 23, 2023 7:39 pm
Andreas_Resch wrote:Yeah. I'll stay away from those AOV editors for now. They are too confusing. Seems to be better integrated in Cinema 4D where there's just one AOV editor. Maybe it makes more sense there. As long as the Blender Compositor is supported, I should be fine.

C4D has also node editor for AOVs, but as you noticed it has much easier access to them using simplified nodeless interface.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Andreas_Resch » Sun May 28, 2023 9:23 am

Andreas_Resch Sun May 28, 2023 9:23 am
linograndiotoy wrote:You can find the Denoised Beauty in the Octane Composite environment.

No need to add it to the AOVs, since is already selectable along with the Beauty pass, in the Render AOV Output node.

Not sure what I did, but somehow the Denoiser AOV is now written out without the need of a Composition AOV setup. I'll take that and I hope it stays.

But there one other thing. As you can see, the "Object ID" and "Material ID" outputs are labeled differently when you use the Classic Render Passes or the AOV outputs. Maybe synchronizing them makes sense, as all the other outputs (in this setup) share the same label. Not sure if that applies to other outputs that I haven't used as well - maybe worth going through the whole list.

AOV_02.jpg
Andreas_Resch

Postby Andreas_Resch » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:14 am

Andreas_Resch Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:14 am
I was just reminded, why I don't use the AOV output option for Octane. Its implementation is horrible. Not only it is extremely confusing. It's also badly labeled. Not sure how it works in C4D, but the fact that I can't simply output the denoised image as a separate pass is not great. I need to create an extra Compositor node setup to achieve that. And then it doesn't even work.

Octane_AOV_01.jpg

All that on top of the Prefix/Postfix problems. So it's still not time to use AOV's instead of the classic Blender Compositor. But at some point this needs addressing. In the end this will be a viable option to the Blender compositing.

There's also a bug where the selected node setup is always set back to not be visible when you either choose another setup in Octane Render AOV or Octane Composite editor.
Andreas_Resch

Postby linograndiotoy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:41 am

linograndiotoy Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:41 am
We'll check this!
Thanks Andreas!
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender