Pixel aspect ratio error.

Forums: Pixel aspect ratio error.
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Pixel aspect ratio error.

Postby Maskeline » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:54 pm

Maskeline Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:54 pm
Hi.
We are working on a scene whose final format is anamorphic. We need to adjust the pixel aspect ratio, so in Blender we set the X aspect to 2 and the Y aspect to 1. When we do this with Cycles, it works perfectly, but the same scene in Octane gives us a pixel aspect ratio of 1.0. The framing changes, but it does not "squeeze" the image in the X-axis."
I'm not sure if I need to adjust the pixel aspect ratio value somewhere within Octane
Here on scene. In cycles good in octane wrong

Thanks!!
Attachments
basic_cycles.blend
(959.19 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Maskeline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Pixel aspect ratio error.

Postby elsksa » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:08 pm

elsksa Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:08 pm
Aside from the issue which I unfortunately can not help with, anamorphic squeezing/desqueeze workflow does not work the same way as in reality which contain an optical factor being the anamorphic lenses themselves, necessary otherwise it's simply an aspect ratio "crop" from the sensor's larger areas (e.g. 2.35:1 or 40, typically).

In Standalone, there is an option from the Octane Camera (pixel aspect ratio, if I recall correctly) as well as the "film settings" which is where resolution is set (one has to calculate the "anamorphic resolution" as it doesn't contain an aspect-ratio parameter).
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Pixel aspect ratio error.

Postby Maskeline » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:17 am

Maskeline Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:17 am
Hi!!
Thanks for the answer!
I was looking for it within the render settings (like in Cycles), when the option is actually in the camera settings. There, we have a pixel aspect ratio value that works similarly
Maskeline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Blender