Blender Camera Export or Setup Problem

Forums: Blender Camera Export or Setup Problem
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Blender Camera Export or Setup Problem

Postby resmas » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:11 pm

resmas Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:11 pm
Hello all.

Just a litle but tricky question.

Does anyone know how to setup a camera in Blender equal to one i have in a project in Octane Stand Alone?

I have a big project in StandAlone, and the main camera is very importante, but now i need to add some animations, and i have blender plugin but i cant ge the same camera parameters inside Blender.

Is there a way i can set up a camera with all the settings from Octane StandAlone project?

Position, target, totation....etc

if someone can help me would be a life saving miracle ;) ;) ;) ;)

-------------------------------------

The other option is to set up a new camera inside Blender and then export it to Octane Standalone.

Problem....

How to export a camera from blender to Octane (only cam...and not a alembic file)
We dont have all controls of camera parameters in the alembic file :evil:

Can Blender export a orthographic camera?
i have try as alembic file...as orbx file...and if the camera in blender is Orthografic....the one exported is all wrong inside Octane StandAlone.

i might be doing something wrong too... :roll:

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Blender Camera Export or Setup Problem

Postby paoloverona » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:02 am

paoloverona Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:02 am
Hi Resmas,
I'm a Max's user, so I don't know much about Blender (I'm trying to understand how much difference is from max's and other's plugin....Cinema4D seems to be the most integrated with the software).

For your first question, I'm not able to answer, but for se second, as was one my need little time ago, i can suggest you to put the camera you want to export (with all the settings done, orthographic option too) in one separate layer (save the scene with another name..."2nd camera"), hide all the other layers, then export the scene; in the standalone:
- open the whole scene previously exported (or the old scene were you were working on)
- import the .orbx file,
- double click on it,
- add a "camera out" node
- return to the main scene
- connect the newly created pin of the "2nd camera" to the render target
......this work for me, hope it is useful for you too ;)
intel i7 3820 3.6GHz, 16Gb 1600Hz, windows 7 professional 64bit, gtx 580 3Gb x2, Octane 3dsMax 2.58
paoloverona
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Blender