OctaneRender™ for Blender 1.20.2 - 2.5 beta Win [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender™ for Blender 1.20.2 - 2.5 beta Win [OBSOLETE]
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: OctaneRender™ for Blender 1.20.2 - 2.5 beta Win [CURRENT

Postby Marten74 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:58 am

Marten74 Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:58 am
Thanks Jim for that long answer regarding online and offline rendering. I know you have a lot to do so I really appreciate you taking the time!

I´m purely looking at this from a user perspective. I thought this was more an Octane than a Blender thing. My mistake.

Thanks for implementing the ticket.

Next time I´ll try to give you more of a yes/no question ;)

Sad this was a hard feature to get...
Marten74
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jonas » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Jonas Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:17 pm
Thanks alot for the update!

Unfortunately i still have some trouble applying materials.

For example there is one model (.obj), which i want to redo in Octane and when i delete an existing material, you can apply something from the Live Database and it works just fine for the first time, but the second time you try to delete a material and apply something it wont work anymore and instead of just the Live Material being shown under the Materials tab in Blender, additionally there is this Ball from Blender, which you can click to add a new Blender Material. So there is two of these Balls, when you also the delete the Live Material.

Then i thought oh well maybe this is because of how wonky this .obj is formatted or something, so i made a completly new scene in Blender (plane+cube), but it is the exact same behaviour. First object, no problem, the Live Material gets applied and it is all shiny, but no further.

Previous version did work fine with new scenes.
Not sure what to do at this point.

Maybe there are some leftovers, that the uninstall does not get rid of?

PS: Just to clarify the Live Materials themself all show up fine in the node editor regardless, it just does not seem to be able to correctly apply them visually beyond the first object.
Jonas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Marten74 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:43 am

Marten74 Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:43 am
Jim, just thought of something!

Bare with me =)

Would it be possible to implement an export function to the stand alone render like in Joyoz script? Then it would be possible for us who want the flexibility in post to first work in Blender with all the benefits the plugin gives. For animations and images that don´t require flexibility in post, F12 offline rendering is perfect.

This would be great, at least for me. It does not feel like a good idea to build my workflow around Yoyoz script since I guess that will not be updated any more and eventually stop working.
Marten74
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jrexi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:16 pm

jrexi Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:16 pm
Hi All,

I can't get the plugin to work for me.

I installed the plugin and the server. Problem is, when I go into OctaneBlender i get an error that says Octane Server not activated. I know it says in the directions that it could take a while for the server to run, but I waited over an hour and still received the same error.

I put my octane username and password in the required fields and it still didnt rectify the issue.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

John
jrexi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:35 pm

JimStar Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:35 pm
Jonas wrote:Thanks alot for the update!

Unfortunately i still have some trouble applying materials.

For example there is one model (.obj), which i want to redo in Octane and when i delete an existing material, you can apply something from the Live Database and it works just fine for the first time, but the second time you try to delete a material and apply something it wont work anymore and instead of just the Live Material being shown under the Materials tab in Blender, additionally there is this Ball from Blender, which you can click to add a new Blender Material. So there is two of these Balls, when you also the delete the Live Material.

Then i thought oh well maybe this is because of how wonky this .obj is formatted or something, so i made a completly new scene in Blender (plane+cube), but it is the exact same behaviour. First object, no problem, the Live Material gets applied and it is all shiny, but no further.

Previous version did work fine with new scenes.
Not sure what to do at this point.

Maybe there are some leftovers, that the uninstall does not get rid of?

PS: Just to clarify the Live Materials themself all show up fine in the node editor regardless, it just does not seem to be able to correctly apply them visually beyond the first object.

Sorry, I have understood nothing from that...
I've just tried to apply and reapply LiveDB materials to different objects - all is OK...
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jonas » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:58 am

Jonas Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:58 am
JimStar wrote:
Jonas wrote:Stuff

Sorry, I have understood nothing from that...
I've just tried to apply and reapply LiveDB materials to different objects - all is OK...

Happy to report the bug is gone after rebooting my machine.
Jonas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ephdot » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:21 am

ephdot Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:21 am
This isn't really a bug, but I figured it might be worth sharing. I found that under certain conditions clicking the Get Item button in the Live DB panel adds a material slot versus replacing the existing slot.

To recreate it, do the following:

1) Open Blender and add a cube.
2) Highlight the cube and select the materials tab.
3) Click the "+" button to add a new material slot. Not the New Material button - the new slot button. It will add an empty slot in slot 1.
4) Without creating a material for the slot that was just created, go to the Live DB panel, select a material, and click the Get Item button. Note that the material does not go into the 1st slot. Rather, it goes into the second slot as a new material. If we leave the 1st slot highlighted and keep clicking the Get Item button, it will keep adding new slots/materials.

I think it's worth noting that we've been told to create a material in a slot before loading it from the Live DB. If I follow that rule, the Get Item button works as expected. Normally, I would have just stored this away, but I noted that someone else posted (in Linux thread) that they were seeing this issue as well. So, I figured just in case someone else made the same mistake I did, it might be worth posting to save some time.
AMD-1100T 6 core, GTX-590 & GTX-480 1.5GB, 16GB 1600MHz RAM, 1TB WD 6GB/s, Win7 64bit, Blender 2.68a for Octane 2.2, Octane 1.20, Blender/Octane Server 2.2
ephdot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 am

JimStar Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 am
ephdot
Thank you very much for such a detailed report!
I will try to do something with it..;)
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby aufwind » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:55 am

aufwind Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:55 am
Hi JimStar,

thanks a lot for integrating imager presets.
One small improvement would be that a preset created in 3DView Camera is usable for the
other standard cameras and vice versa.

Could you please increase the max. width of all image nodes to around 400Px?
Hardly any of my texture names can be currently fully displayed...

Bugs:
Blender crashes on adding a checktex node.

Nvidia driver crashes while changing (fast) the hot pix. removal values in 3D view render mode.
Especially after rendering for a while. Using latest driver on Win7, 2x Titans non SLI-Mode.
aufwind
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby msciwiarski » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:16 pm

msciwiarski Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:16 pm
Hi,

What are the plans to add a network rendering function?

best regards

Michal
Hardware: Core2Quad Q9650, Asus P5Q Deluxe, GeForce GTX580
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Sketchup 8, Blender 2.56, Octane 2.4
msciwiarski
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Blender