Blender layers not working with Octane render

Forums: Blender layers not working with Octane render
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: Blender layers not working with Octane render

Postby ROUBAL » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:44 pm

ROUBAL Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:44 pm
The problem is that hidden layers show in the render.

Managing layers was responsible of other bugs in some situations, including animations. So Yoyoz modifed the script, and since version 1.18, hidden layers are also visible. Objects have to be actually hidden to not be rendered. Hiding their layer is not sufficient. Once this understood, everything works fine. If you encounter an other trouble, there is also a corrective note about a line of code that can be modified in the script.

I don't remember the link, but I had copied the fix in a text file, so here it is:

If you're using blender 2.63, and have the following error when doing animations or pulling image back into blender:
TypeError: OCT_RENDER.end_result(): required parameter "cancel" not specified

then please do the following:
- find file engine.py in your script directory
- edit file and go to line 364 (may differ depends on plugin version but should be ok with 1.19 and 1.20)
- replace self.end_result(result) with self.end_result(result,0)

I've no time to repackage plugin at the moment, but this fix works fine.

Yoyoz
French Blender user - CPU : intel Quad QX9650 at 3GHz - 8GB of RAM - Windows 7 Pro 64 bits. Display GPU : GeForce GTX 480 (2 Samsung 2443BW-1920x1600 monitors). External GPUs : two EVGA GTX 580 3GB in a Cubix GPU-Xpander Pro 2. NVidia Driver : 368.22.
ROUBAL
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Blender