Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta y [superseded]

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta y [superseded]
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta y [superseded]

Postby TIG » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:38 am

TIG Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:38 am
Here's beta.y
Octane_1022y.zip
(618.3 KiB) Downloaded 257 times

Hopefully this addresses all of the outstanding issues...

Folder-browser 'populate' code updated for Mac compatibility.
Ongoing problems with 'populate' running at right time across PC & Mac platforms resolved.
Sun-vector forced normalization addressed.
Glitch with lens/focal numerical values from the sliders with 'to_strings' corrected.
The MTL's 'Default_Material' now uses the model's active style's current 'FrontFaceColor' RGB values.
New status-bar tips and mouse-over tooltips added; and new 'Octane Render' Context-menu item and Toolbar added.
Dialog background now has 'rays' added from the Octane Render logo.

All users should upgrade to the new version.

Feedback please...
Last edited by TIG on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta y

Postby radiance » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 pm

radiance Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 pm
Hey,

Just did a test on Mac OS X 10.6 and it works well, no issues yet.
The directory browser works fine now.

Attached a default export without *any* changes in octane from the current free sketchup Mac OS X version and a house model.

The last thing that remains, which i already said,
is that you need to disable the checkboxes for resolution, lens aperture radius, focal Depth (m), motion blur, sun direction, GPU devices.
EDIT: Just noticed this is indeed already done in the windows version, but not in the mac version, in the mac version all tickboxes are enabled/tickled by default.

About the GPU device selection, why are the checkboxes they greyed out / inactive ?

Doing a test now on windows to see if the javascript error this presents itself.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby SurfingAlien » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 pm

SurfingAlien Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 pm
Hi!
this is working fine so far (no animation tested), but there's something different in the plugin UI (see screenshot: bigger fonts, some button glitches when pushed -non visible- etc.) at least on the Mac side

still some option is not accessible (greyed out or "unchangeable") like film resolution, vCards, etc. but I guess this has to be implemented yet?

cheers,
A
Attachments
Schermata 2010-07-19 a 14.06.10.png
MacBookPro unibody 2x2.4GHz | 4Gb | 9400M+9600GT 256Mb | OSX 10.6.8
i7 2600-K @3.4GHz | 8Gb | GTX560Ti 2Gb | Windows7x64 | Octane 1.0 b2.52
SurfingAlien
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:19 pm

radiance Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:19 pm
Here's my windows test.
Not a single problem ;)

The tickboxes are all correct to the guidelines.
The html bug is gone, which i used to have to press 'ignore' for.
Everything else seems to work fine.

Great work tig,
i think if you can get the mac version's tickboxes issue fixed, we have an official exporter ;)

Some shots, the original sketchup file and plugin with defaults:

orig_sketchup_scene.jpg
original sketchup scene, octane plugin loaded with defaults, and i hit the render button

What it looks like in octane once the plugin has exported and launched octane:

default_import.jpg
Default imported materials/textures from sketchup, this what appears after sketchup starts octane

Final result, just 1 minute (with one GTX480 GPU), made a few small tweaks (not enough), this model is very light so i get a very high FPS and smooth navigation.

one_minute_play_7_seconds_render.jpg
result, 1 minute tuning, 7 second render

Thanks
Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby TIG » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:31 pm

TIG Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:31 pm
There should now be no noticeable difference between the PC and Mac version of the dialog - the 'defaulting' of check-boxes etc uses the same code for both... BUT for some reason I have yet to fathom the Mac's use of the standard 'populate' code is still not working as the PC's :roll:

All functions should be available equally on PC and Mac, but the Mac version has gotten worse with the fixing of the PC js error messages... I might have to write a PC and a Mac version of the html code and try that.

Unsure about the font, size changes etc - perhaps a .css needs adjustment somewhere...

We've had a working PC version for sometime but the Mac version is still proving to be a real pain... I'll look at more tweaks... :( :?

We are doing two steps forward and one step back at the moment...

The GPU boxes should be unchecked and grayed-out if the main [left-hand] box is not checked, otherwise when it's checked they should become available for checking...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:35 pm

TIG Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:35 pm
As an aside... I notice that the opacity/transparency 'd' value of the SKP's materials that is written into the MTL's materials is ignored by Octane - even on a first run or the first ever use of that material. Is it the intention to eventually read this - at the moment all materials come in opaque until you give them some transparency by editing them within Octane... Wouldn't it be best to read all of the values on the first use of any material - as it does for RGB etc ?
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp