SketchUp+Ubuntu: plugin not working

Forums: SketchUp+Ubuntu: plugin not working
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

SketchUp+Ubuntu: plugin not working

Postby bomastudio » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:37 pm

bomastudio Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:37 pm
Hi, I use SketchUp in my Ubuntu 12.04, using wine, and it works quite well, except for the webdialog component: all the plugins that use webdialog are unusable...... and so I can't use for exporting my models into Octane....is there any way to bypass this trouble? Other way to export models from SketchUp to Octane into Linux???
bomastudio
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: SketchUp+Ubuntu: plugin not working

Postby TIG » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:11 pm

TIG Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:11 pm
Can I suggest you post in the SCF sketchucation.com forums- there are several users of non-standard platforms who might help you out...
What browser do you have - IE for PC and Safari for MAC are the only two that SKP webdialogs use successfully... Can't you install one for your system ?

If you have Pro you have a built-in OBJexporter - set it to single-sided, meters, triangulated, flip YZ. The OBJ is makes can be imported into Octane but the camera's, sun etc can't [Although a while ago I did make a tool to write ocm [?] files for these, that you could try using...]

If you have Free then my OBJexporter [also available from SCF] will export the SKP to OBJ for you, very similarly to this Exporter. Again you'll need to sort out camera, sun etc and animation is not going to be easy...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp