Massive increase in Preparation Time after win upgrade

Forums: Massive increase in Preparation Time after win upgrade
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Massive increase in Preparation Time after win upgrade

Postby KeeWe » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:00 am

KeeWe Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:00 am
Hi guys,

I finally did upgrade to win11 but encountering the following problem:

I have to rerender some files from a project with pretty high vertex displacement subdivision. The file already took about 1 minute to prepare for each frame under win 10 and I got consistent rendertimes of aber 3:50 minutes. Now on win 11 it takes up to 10 minutes until the rendering even starts, c4d doing nothing according to the task manager (no change in CPU or RAM usage) until it reaches that point. After that, the rendertimes are inconsistent beteween 5 and 12 minutes.

OOC is on and set to 105 (I have 128GB).

Any idea what causes this problem?

And: with one subdiv level lower, the next frame starts almost instantly, why does it have to calculate each frame new? It's just the geo with the displacement material, no motion blur or anything elese.

Edit: of course, all I use the same c4d and octane version as last week on win 10.
6850k // 32 GB // 1080, 1080 Ti, 2080 Ti // Win 10 // C4D 19.068
KeeWe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Massive increase in Preparation Time after win upgrade

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:58 am

bepeg4d Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:58 am
Hi,
weird, I don't remember other similar reports... it would be nice to have a detailed log from c4doctane, at least from Win 11, to better understand what is going on.

Please, open the scene, then go to c4doctane Settings/Log Output tab, and enable all the Log option checkboxes.
Then, load the scene in Live View, then in Picture Viewer for a couple of frames,, then go to c4doctane Settings/Log Output tab again, press the Generate log report button, and share the resulting octanelog_report.zip file, thanks.

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D