Making colour master....

Forums: Making colour master....
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Making colour master....

Postby affixxius » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:48 pm

affixxius Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:48 pm
Hi,

Im wondering if anyone might be able to suggest a way for me to best control some colours.

I will have a scene with lots of items of clothes, toon shaded (very simpley). The clothes have various designs and details, but are generally limited to 3 colours. I am taking the designs from illustrator and making a 3 colour (RGB) matte in PS, then splitting this in octane to use a masks in layers.

I will need to make this scene multiple times with different colours, Im wondering if there is a way to set something up as a 'master' so i can access these colours from many materials, in one place and make a simple change?

I have tried Xpresso, but it seem very time consuming to link octane nodes to it! And also tried making a master material, with a load of RGB nodes , and then opened two mats in editor to link them, but again, it doesnt seem like a great option and also changes arent update in LV.

All ideas welcome

Cheers!
AK
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-21 163102.png
// Windows 10 // 2 x RTX3080 // 4x GTX1080Ti // Octane Latest // Cinema 4D 2024 //
affixxius
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D