Catastrophic render delay when working with materials

Forums: Catastrophic render delay when working with materials
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Catastrophic render delay when working with materials

Postby traplife » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:03 pm

traplife Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:03 pm
Hello. When creating or changing any material in any scene, the rendering freezes for 17 to 32 seconds! :shock:

Sounds like drunken nonsense. But for example, I have a scene in which there is only one cube. I create standard material for it. I apply it to the cube. I change the color of the material. And to see the color changes I have to wait an average of 27 seconds. After this time, as if nothing had happened, the color of the material changes. After repeated tests, the message “not enogh memory” came out. This applies to any actions with the material.

GeForce RTX 3070m
Updating to the latest versions of Octane and Invidia drivers with a clean installation did not change anything. Please give me a intelligible answer, what happened to my Octane?
traplife
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Catastrophic render delay when working with materials

Postby frankmci » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:14 pm

frankmci Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:14 pm
What does the memory usage info in the Live Viewer window tell you? Maybe some other process on your machine is hogging VRAM. You can also check under Octane Preferences/Devices/Device Settings to get a window showing you how your VRAM is being allocated.

Doe this occur after a system restart? If not, you maybe you have a process that has a VRAM memory leak, slowly consuming available resources.

Do some poking around to see what's really going on with your machine, memory wise. I'm guessing it's probably not an Octane issue.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby traplife » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:18 pm

traplife Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:18 pm
This also happens after the system is rebooted. There are no extraneous processes on the computer that could consume video memory.

I am attaching screenshots of the windows.
Attachments
Live-Viewer.jpg
Device-Settings.jpg
traplife
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby frankmci » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:35 pm

frankmci Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:35 pm
That is strange. The first thing I'd check is your video driver, making sure it is up to spec with the release of Octane you are using. Also make sure your Octane installation is correct for your version of C4D, without an of the other version elements in the Octane plugin folder. Beyond that, Ahmet/Beppe will probably tell to to turn on all the logging options in Octane_Settings>Settings>Log_Output, then run the test again and send him the logs.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby traplife » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:52 pm

traplife Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:52 pm
The problem turned out to be trivial. I recently changed the amount of memory for the Cinema 4D viewport. I then reverted these settings back to default. But they did not return as default due to an error, although they were displayed as default. Thank you.
traplife
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SSmolak » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:58 pm

SSmolak Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:58 pm
traplife wrote:I recently changed the amount of memory for the Cinema 4D viewport.

Where is that option to change viewport memory ?
Architectural Visualizations http://www.archviz-4d.studio
SSmolak
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D