Live Viewer perspective completely different from render

Forums: Live Viewer perspective completely different from render
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Live Viewer perspective completely different from render

Postby codydobie » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:56 am

codydobie Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:56 am
I'm having a very frustrating issue where the rendered image has a completely different FOV, angle and perspective from the Octane Live Viewer.

I'm at an absolute loss - I've tried everything down to deleting the camera completely and starting with completely default parameters, but it's the same thing every time.

Does anyone know which setting could be causing this very noticeable issue?
Last edited by codydobie on Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
codydobie
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Live Viewer perspective completely different from render

Postby aoktar » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:49 am

aoktar Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:49 am
Not sure what are you referring. But try with a new scene, compare in viewport/picture viewer and live viewer.
Live viewer should be resolution locked for best match
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby codydobie » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:50 pm

codydobie Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:50 pm
These were taken with the resolution lock on. If you look closely and compare the two images you'll see that the camera angle shifts between them which changes the composition and the lighting (look at how much label is visible at the edges of the frame).

Anyway, I was able to solve the long label scene by baking the cloth sim to alembic - once I did, the scene rendered the same in Live Viewer and Render. Is this a known bug/feature? Octane needs to have everything dynamic baked down in order for the Live Viewer camera to be accurate to the final render?

I did some testing on the scene with the can, and I don't have dynamics but I do have an animation that is using Xpresso and a range mapper node. I know this is the problem because I systematically deleted each animation to see which one caused the issue. When I deleted the Xpresso, the Live Viewer now matched the render. Again, I think this is super strange and I can't imagine Octane is supposed to work this way?

My problem now is, because I'm new to C4D, I can't figure out how to bake the Xpresso to keyframes to resolve the issue. Does anyone know how?
codydobie
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:48 pm

aoktar Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:48 pm
There are not any bug like this. Put an example scene if you could not solve it, so we can check what's the problem.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D