C4D 2024 - FBX import only with node materials

Forums: C4D 2024 - FBX import only with node materials
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: C4D 2024 - FBX import only with node materials

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:29 am

bepeg4d Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:29 am
affixxius wrote:I have a similar issue which Im hoping to solve, I received a USDz file from client and it imports with node materials, the only way I can get to the textures is to load them into picture viewer and save them out that way, Is there a better way?
(Sorry I dont mean to hi-jack the thread, hopefully answers will help us both/ all!)

Thanks!
AK

About USDz, try to open it with Standalone, then save the materials in your LocalDB, and import them back in c4doctane via LocalDB.

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: C4D 2024 - FBX import only with node materials

Postby immortalartscom » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:47 am

immortalartscom Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:47 am
@maxon: THIS IS SAD!

one time i think it worked when setting the scene to standard renderer and "append" the fbx file. it created standard materials. but somehow that does not work anymore... octane crashes sometimes trying to render redshift materials but anyways, it does not recognize them so...

ahmet, (hi btw :) ) do you think you will implement a RS to Octane converter sometime soon? because there are so few assets for octane and bought FBX files are often a pain to convert to octane, even if they come with native c4d materials.

thx
immortal-arts | filmproduction | soundstudio
http://www.immortal-arts.com
immortalartscom
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D