Motion Blur Vertex limitation

Forums: Motion Blur Vertex limitation
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Motion Blur Vertex limitation

Postby Raoul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Raoul Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:19 pm
Hi Beppe, thanks for the clarification.
Does sound like another issue though so want to steer the topic back to the original post. In that motion blur on vertex only ever draws straight lines .. not the various positions the vertex takes over time.

Would u happen to know if this issue was present in earlier versions of octane? Also is it also present in the standalone? Or just the cinema plugin?

Haven’t heard back from Aoktar yet, but wanted to give it a few days before I bother him again.

Thanks
Raoul
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:36 pm

aoktar Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:36 pm
Raoul wrote:Hi Beppe, thanks for the clarification.
Does sound like another issue though so want to steer the topic back to the original post. In that motion blur on vertex only ever draws straight lines .. not the various positions the vertex takes over time.

Would u happen to know if this issue was present in earlier versions of octane? Also is it also present in the standalone? Or just the cinema plugin?

Haven’t heard back from Aoktar yet, but wanted to give it a few days before I bother him again.

Thanks

I made some revisions to allow the recording of the vertex animations for sub-steps. I'll make an R4 release with that. But renderer is not giving the smooth paths as I expected. Seems like there's a different calculation in core despite the transform motion blur. I've reported the case but do not expect immediate improvements in this area.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Raoul » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Raoul Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 pm
Okay Aoktar great,
Thanks for taking a look at this. I'll have a look at that latest version.. ( its the one thats currently up?)
and see if thats improved things at all.

You wouldn't happen to know if it was working okay in previous Octane releases or in the standalone?
It sounded like it was a problem with the core not the plugin, but just wanted to check before chatting with Jules about it?

many thanks for your help on this
Raoul
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:22 pm

aoktar Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:22 pm
try with this
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=75718

As said for my opinion that's not just a plugin issue, also CORE is doing it as linear.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Raoul » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 am

Raoul Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 am
Thanks Aoktar.

I've finally had a chance to look at this again. Yes unfortunately the new version of Octane does not seem to fix the problem.
Thanks for having a look at it though. Has anything changed at all with the latest? Was just curious what had been actually adjusted in the latest build?

Although it might seem like a bespoke situation where im trying to use this functionality its actual a bit more of a core issue i think.
Essentially all motion blur with characters (or animated vertex) will be slightly wrong even if its only minimally. And there would be a fair bit of subtle detail you'd get in those motion blur lines adding to the realism of a render.

I'm aware its not your issue to solve as its a problem with the core, so i was wondering if you could suggest who would be best to speak to about it?
I might ask Jules but would prefer to go straight to the right developer if possible.

anyway, thanks again!
Raoul
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D