Posibility of colour temperature slider.

Forums: Posibility of colour temperature slider.
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Posibility of colour temperature slider.

Postby noisyboyuk » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:15 pm

noisyboyuk Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:15 pm
Hi!

I'm wondering if it might be possible to have a colour temperature slider or even some colour curves for the HDRi texture object?

It would be invaluable for making adjustments to HDRi's so that the reflections and lighting could match the colour temperature of the backplate I'm compositing for. It would genuinely save so much time if I can take a HDRi I've made and then make it match the colour temperature of the footage or image I'm lighting for.

Thanks!
noisyboyuk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Posibility of colour temperature slider.

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 am

bepeg4d Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 am
Hi,
you can add any kind of Octane mapping node to your ImageTexture in Environment, like Color Correction, Add, Multiply, Subtract, Mix ecc.
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Posibility of colour temperature slider.

Postby noisyboyuk » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:33 pm

noisyboyuk Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:33 pm
Awesome, thank you!

The only problem is, I can't seem to work out if there are any nodes that allow you to do colour correction. You can change the hue but that's not useful in changing colour temperature or general colour correction (really we need per channel or colour temperature control). Do you know of another way I might achieve this?

noisyboyuk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D