How to create flashlight effect

Forums: How to create flashlight effect
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

How to create flashlight effect

Postby RouseandFable » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 pm

RouseandFable Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 pm
A little while ago i posted regarding a short film i'm working on that needed some animation. It's coming along and looking ok, not as realistic as i would have hoped but not too bad either i guess. Hoping to keep things moody and dark which might make things slightly more believable.

There are a couple of things i have been struggling with. The boy in the scene has a flashlight and i've been trying to figure out how to create a soft spotlight on the ground, ideally some type of volumetric light. I've tried a few tutorials that talk about adding an image texture to the light but i haven't had any luck with it.

I also wanted to add some atmosphere but when i add the Fog Volume it makes everything really murky and not like the image on the right in the reference file, which is from another tutorial that i couldn't replicate.

Lastly i tried to add a bit of fill light to the boy but the light either completely lights up the whole scene or does nothing at all. Was hoping to not have him be completely silhouette.
Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated.
Attachments
MEMB_wip.jpg
RouseandFable
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: How to create flashlight effect

Postby Ron » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Ron Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:44 pm
You should try Luminous. A plugin from Brograph.com that has an Octane spotlight and some other cool stuff.
Maybe this helps even with your fill light issue in your scene.

Ron
Master: WIN 10 64bit, i7 4930 4,5 Ghz, 64 GB RAM, 1600 W PSU, 1 TB SSD, 14 TB RAID, 2 x RTX 3090
Ron
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: How to create flashlight effect

Postby RouseandFable » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:48 pm

RouseandFable Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:48 pm
Thanks so much Ron. This is exactly what i was looking for. Appreciate it
RouseandFable
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D