path doesn't exist message

Forums: path doesn't exist message
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

path doesn't exist message

Postby joanet » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:08 pm

joanet Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:08 pm
I have a problem when I try to export and render my scene from c4d to octane...It appears a pop up window with the next message: "Path doesn' exist or is invalid"
...What I'm doing wrong???

Thanks in advance!

Juan
joanet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: path doesn't exist message

Postby abstrax » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 am

abstrax Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 am
Sorry, missed your post: I guess you haven't chosen path of the Octane binary. When you select the Octane binary, does it work? What is the Octane path?

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby acc24ex » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:43 pm

acc24ex Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:43 pm
abstrax wrote:Sorry, missed your post: I guess you haven't chosen path of the Octane binary. When you select the Octane binary, does it work? What is the Octane path?

Cheers,
Marcus

He probably didn't set the octane.exe file in the octane export.. I was just having the same problem so that's 100% it..
abstrax> if you can change the error message to say something like path to octane render not set, change it in the export option, here's one quick solution so it doesn't confuse the new user..
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:51 pm

abstrax Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:51 pm
acc24ex wrote:He probably didn't set the octane.exe file in the octane export.. I was just having the same problem so that's 100% it..
abstrax> if you can change the error message to say something like path to octane render not set, change it in the export option, here's one quick solution so it doesn't confuse the new user..

Ok, I will do. It's noted.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D