Reload/Refresh Scene

Forums: Reload/Refresh Scene
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Reload/Refresh Scene

Postby mate » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 am

mate Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 am
Hey guys,

Sorry for probably reposting the same question over and over, I did a quick search and couldn't find the answer, so bear with me. Thanks! ;)

What's the best workflow for reloading a scene in octane render? Let's say I want to move an emitter object around in C4D and then update it in octane without losing my settings and materials.

As far as I understand the way to do it now is to do in C4D plugins>octane>export OBJ, then switch to octane, select the mesh node, click file, navigate to the folder, select the file.

So far, so good - but it gets a bit tedious after a while. Maybe there's a way for octane to automatically see if the file is being updated?

Thanks for your answers!

::mate::
SEHSUCHT Berlin - 22x GTX 780
mate
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Reload/Refresh Scene

Postby acc24ex » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:53 pm

acc24ex Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:53 pm
it's called relinking, click on mesh node below, and scroll on the right window all the way down , there will be small button looks like a floppy click that load new .obj, as long as the material names are the same it will load it correctly.. there is no automatic reloading as yet I guess
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D