integrated Octane for Cinema Beta

Forums: integrated Octane for Cinema Beta
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: integrated Octane for Cinema Beta

Postby Jaybee » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:25 pm

Jaybee Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:25 pm
Hi Aoktar,

Couple more bugs I've come across when using the plugin for day to day work.

1) White balance value is not "sticky" if applied using the 'Octane Settings' pop-up dialogue.

A WB value can be set but as soon as I "resend" to restart the render in the Live Viewer the WB reverts back to what it was (default) - but the WB value shows that it is still set to what I picked... However if it is set from the 'Octane CameraTag' it remains sticky as it should be.

2) Merging an object into a scene causes all Camera Imaging and Render Kernel values to reset to default!

I had a scene all set up with lighting and camera set to perfection. Needed one more object in the scene that I'd just modeled in a new scene, nothing in there apart from this one simple polygon clay model (no textures, cameras, lighting). Saved it as "new_thing.c4d". Merged "new_thing.c4d" into my C4D Octane scene and realised that this caused all the camera and kernel settings to reset to default. (Workaround: save your new model into the library browser using 'Save Objects As...' and then when you load it the Octane settings remain the same)

Hope you're getting on well with the next version. Will we be stuck with 1.10 render engine until 1.20 or will you point the next C4D plugin update at the latest Standalone beta? I ask because the Standalone now has lots of bugfixes and improvements on 1.10 that we can't use if using the C4d plugin.

Thx!
Win 7 x64 | 1 x EVGA GTX680 Classified & 1 x Quadro FX1800 (display) | i7 920 o/c 3.04Ghz | P6TD Deluxe | 24GB | AX860 PSU
Jaybee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D