Octane exporter for C4D version 0.12 (obsolete)

Forums: Octane exporter for C4D version 0.12 (obsolete)
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Octane exporter for C4D version 0.12 (current)

Postby Floating.Point » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Floating.Point Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:36 pm
abstrax wrote:This plugin covers the new command line arguments available in Octane, plus the ability to export animated textures. There is another major update planned, to give you some tools to export instances via scatter node .csv files. But other than that and potentially some bug fix releases there won't be much work happening here anymore. An integrated plugin will (hopefully) be the future of Octane with C4D.

Looks to me that the integrated plugin is the next big step! We just have to be patient. In the interim, the updated exporter provides functionality that was previously unavailable to us C4D users. To me, I much prefer it this way... a little bit of time spent developing a robust exporter- that will last us the duration it takes to develop a fully integrated solution.
1 x 3930K | 1 x TitanX | 1 x GTX 970
Floating.Point
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:38 pm

bepeg4d Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:38 pm
I could read out .ocs files, but I don't want to do this, since the Octane project files will change over time and I would have to update the exporter accordingly. I really want to focus on integrating Octane into C4D instead.

Regarding the render target: How about creating a new set of export configuration settings for each render target. I.e. when you start a new C4D scene, there is only the preview render target available and all settings in the export configuration belong to the preview render target. Then when you create a new render target in the export configuration of the preview target get copied to the new render target, which you can then modify (e.g. turn off the camera export). Then when you switch back to the preview target, you get the export configuration of the preview target.

ok, i understand your point, forget the ocs reading, it's not a big issue.
a new tab for every render target could be the best solution, so it will be possible to assign different cameras to a specific render target directly from c4d... i like it :D
don't send me to hell, but it could be possible to animate all or some of the exporter parameters like the render target or camera assignement?
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm

bepeg4d Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
just to say that i have tried the animated texture and they works perfectly, after exporting you can use it in any channel, wonderful :D
thanks again ;)
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Floating.Point » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Floating.Point Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:24 pm
WOAH! I cant wait wait! :D
Thanks for the update bepeg4d
1 x 3930K | 1 x TitanX | 1 x GTX 970
Floating.Point
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Mackraft » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Mackraft Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:00 pm
Thank so much you for all you do for the community of the Cinema4d users ! :D

One thing I would like to know:
How to get output alpha (with optional alphachannel) while keeping the sky?
When i save the *.exr, i keep active the "alphachannel" and "keep environment" functions and i have the alpha but the sky is not there ! How to have the render with both the alpha and the sky (whole picture) ?
Thank you.
Mackraft
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 pm

abstrax Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 pm
Mackraft wrote:Thank so much you for all you do for the community of the Cinema4d users ! :D

One thing I would like to know:
How to get output alpha (with optional alphachannel) while keeping the sky?
When i save the *.exr, i keep active the "alphachannel" and "keep environment" functions and i have the alpha but the sky is not there ! How to have the render with both the alpha and the sky (whole picture) ?
Thank you.

Usually the image viewers apply the alpha channel, if there is one, i.e. they make stuff transparent/invisible. In your case the sky is made invisible by the alpha channel stored in the image. To get it back you have to disable the alpha channel. You see that for example in C4D: If you open the OpenEXR image in the C4D image viewer, you will see the sky since it never applies the alpha there.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 am

abstrax Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 am
Just added the Mac versions of the plugin for C4D R11.0 - R14.0. The Mac version for the older C4D releases will be added tomorrow.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:01 am

bepeg4d Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:01 am
hi marcus,
thanks for the mac version, i'm testing it right now and all is ok so far ;)
just a little request, it's possible to add a "lock aspect ratio" checkbox in the resolution setting like in octane?
i'm a bit sad because i was hoping that with the render target option we could do animations with static instances, but even if the render target is attached to a group node, the exporter change the camera and all the other setting according to the render target selected, but the geometry loaded doesn't take care of the other mesh nodes attached to the geometry group :(
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby abstrax » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 am

abstrax Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 am
bepeg4d wrote:hi marcus,
thanks for the mac version, i'm testing it right now and all is ok so far ;)
just a little request, it's possible to add a "lock aspect ratio" checkbox in the resolution setting like in octane?
i'm a bit sad because i was hoping that with the render target option we could do animations with static instances, but even if the render target is attached to a group node, the exporter change the camera and all the other setting according to the render target selected, but the geometry loaded doesn't take care of the other mesh nodes attached to the geometry group :(
ciao beppe

That's weird. It's probably an Octane problem. I will have a look into it.

Cheers,
Marcus

EDIT: ... or it could be an exporter problem. I guess, the exporter shouldn't specify a mesh node anymore, if we render using non-preview render targets. That should be easy to fix.
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Nimpsy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Nimpsy Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:39 pm
Thanks for the updated mac plugin. Time to play again.
Jamal Qutub / Nimpsy Studio
http://nimpsy.com

MacBookPro Retina 15-inch 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 w/NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (384 Cuda Cores) / C4DR14
Nimpsy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D