Best quality Octane materials library supplier?

Forums: Best quality Octane materials library supplier?
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Best quality Octane materials library supplier?

Postby anthonyhague » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:26 pm

anthonyhague Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:26 pm
So my 3dsmax/Vray Archvis friend says that he uses a quality materials database rather than building his own materials every time. He said he uses Sieger at €181 per year as they have great materials and he adjusts them to his needs but they give him a great starting point. He suggested I do the same so I contacted Sieger and they told me they do have C4D/Octane materials for €181 but they have been unpopular so they are stopping them later this year.

Question: What is the best materials provider for C4D/Octane? Best in quality for photorealistic surfaces.

Material providers ive found:
-Quixel $228p/y 15K assets
-Poliigon $144
-GSG Plus membership for $399py
-Sieger €180py no info
-Pixel Lab 500 for $50 or Octane Bundle $484
-Motion squared bundle $149
-RenderKing $59

Poliigon and Quixel have made their own Octane converter apps, im suspicious because if Octane cant convert C4D materials how good will their app be.
anthonyhague
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Best quality Octane materials library supplier?

Postby lalalem » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:31 am

lalalem Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:31 am
GSG hands down. They're not comparable to Quixel because Quixel are actual photoscans of real life textures in PBR. It's not very useful for the everyday life of a motion designer. GSG gives you custom made materials for Octane/Redshift/Arnold for pretty much anything you can think of : glossy plastic, matte fabrics, scratched brass, headphone connectors, brushed aluminiumn etc. The GSG membership is the best money I've spent as a motion designer.
lalalem
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Best quality Octane materials library supplier?

Postby glimpse » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:49 am

glimpse Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:49 am
depends on what You do - just hop through these libraries to see what they have to offer for Your needs.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D