Motion Blur and Samples / adaptive sampling

Forums: Motion Blur and Samples / adaptive sampling
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Motion Blur and Samples / adaptive sampling

Postby javierluisbravo » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:08 pm

javierluisbravo Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:08 pm
Hi my friends,

I usually had no issues with Octane because i used to use it in 3dsmax. Now working in a CG bird in maya with octane for a show...

If i turn motion blur off everything is fine, i can use 2500 max samples and get a frame done from 2 to 5 minutes per frame..

...but when i turn motion blur ON it's impossible to render it if the bird moves too much. Tons of errors and eternal renders.

Do you use different settings for motion blur parts? I don't mind if it takes 10 min per frame.. but some of them being hours and they did not finish.

Thank in advanced.
Attachments
eterno.jpg
118 samples of 1000 and it already went like 5 minutes...
javierluisbravo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Motion Blur and Samples / adaptive sampling

Postby BK » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:46 pm

BK Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:46 pm
javierluisbravo wrote:Hi my friends,

I usually had no issues with Octane because i used to use it in 3dsmax. Now working in a CG bird in maya with octane for a show...

If i turn motion blur off everything is fine, i can use 2500 max samples and get a frame done from 2 to 5 minutes per frame..

...but when i turn motion blur ON it's impossible to render it if the bird moves too much. Tons of errors and eternal renders.

Do you use different settings for motion blur parts? I don't mind if it takes 10 min per frame.. but some of them being hours and they did not finish.

Thank in advanced.

Hi javierluisbravo,

Thanks for the post and for the screenshot.

Would you please let us know if you are using the Animator data from the render setting or the Force load has been set only to vertex animated characters?
To increase the evaluation speed, please try setting the Animator data to animated characters only via the Attribute editor>shape node.

We are assuming the vertex animated character/bird, requires more samples.
Is the Default Sample per frame set to default 1 or higher?
This parameter is similar to Motion blur steps on our 3ds max plugin!

If it still does not fix then please submit a ticket at [email protected] including the bird scene as Archived.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk Maya