Octane 4 taking forever to start batch render.

Forums: Octane 4 taking forever to start batch render.
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Octane 4 taking forever to start batch render.

Postby abeoctane » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 pm

abeoctane Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 pm
Hi I having a problem with octane 4, I have a scene with one alembic file that weights about 700mb with lot of very simple polygons, when I do ipr the render start very fast, but when I send the scene to batch render it takes forever to start the render, it hangs on "// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 0 (starting)" do you know what it could be?, mental ray renders the secuence very fast, I think the previus cache system on version 3 was better, this new cache system in a lot of situations is very very slowww, the same happens when you have a lot of nhairs, the scenes loads way slower than before. :oops:
abeoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane 4 taking forever to start batch render.

Postby calus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:02 pm

calus Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:02 pm
abeoctane wrote:Hi I having a problem with octane 4, I have a scene with one alembic file that weights about 700mb with lot of very simple polygons, when I do ipr the render start very fast, but when I send the scene to batch render it takes forever to start the render, it hangs on "// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 0 (starting)" do you know what it could be?, mental ray renders the secuence very fast, I think the previus cache system on version 3 was better, this new cache system in a lot of situations is very very slowww, the same happens when you have a lot of nhairs, the scenes loads way slower than before. :oops:

Right the plugin still have a lot of issue with animation.
To avoid all the bus/limitation/missing and half implmented features I advise you to use the more you can ORBXproxy and ORBXmaterials ,
for you alembic file :
_ Octane menu > create ORBXproxy
_ in AE click the EDIT button
_ just drop the ABC file in the Nodegraph Editor of the edit window,
or right clic in the EDIT window > import the ABC file
_ then connect the out geometry of the ABC node to the out node (pink pin to pink pin)
( alternativly you can also create a "scene" node directly in the scene inspector inside the proxy node )
_ close the EDIT window to validate the change

If you are are already familiar with Octane Standalone this will be easy (except tooltip and shorcuts are not working at the momment)
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane 4 taking forever to start batch render.

Postby abeoctane » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:40 pm

abeoctane Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:40 pm
calus wrote:
abeoctane wrote:Hi I having a problem with octane 4, I have a scene with one alembic file that weights about 700mb with lot of very simple polygons, when I do ipr the render start very fast, but when I send the scene to batch render it takes forever to start the render, it hangs on "// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 0 (starting)" do you know what it could be?, mental ray renders the secuence very fast, I think the previus cache system on version 3 was better, this new cache system in a lot of situations is very very slowww, the same happens when you have a lot of nhairs, the scenes loads way slower than before. :oops:

Right the plugin still have a lot of issue with animation.
To avoid all the bus/limitation/missing and half implmented features I advise you to use the more you can ORBXproxy and ORBXmaterials ,
for you alembic file :
_ Octane menu > create ORBXproxy
_ in AE click the EDIT button
_ just drop the ABC file in the Nodegraph Editor of the edit window,
or right clic in the EDIT window > import the ABC file
_ then connect the out geometry of the ABC node to the out node (pink pin to pink pin)
( alternativly you can also create a "scene" node directly in the scene inspector inside the proxy node )
_ close the EDIT window to validate the change

If you are are already familiar with Octane Standalone this will be easy (except tooltip and shorcuts are not working at the momment)

Thank you very much calus. :D
abeoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Maya