color picker and some slidesr are borked in v1.11b

Forums: color picker and some slidesr are borked in v1.11b
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

color picker and some slidesr are borked in v1.11b

Postby xtrm3d » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 am

xtrm3d Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 am
the color picker are completely borked .. have to select insanely low value to catch teh right color in HSV mode
some sliders still have those crazy high value for now reason .. some go from o to 1 other go from 0 to 10000 ..

please someone tell me why did i pay to get the maya plugin again ?
i understand that this is a beta .. but since there is no new feature added each time.. i would expect to not have to deal with those issue that should be catched in alpha ...

sorry for sounding so negative .. but i start to be frankly upset and fed up :-(
xtrm3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: color picker and some slidesr are borked in v1.11b

Postby JimStar » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am

JimStar Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am
xtrm3d wrote:the color picker are completely borked .. have to select insanely low value to catch teh right color in HSV mode
some sliders still have those crazy high value for now reason .. some go from o to 1 other go from 0 to 10000 ..

If I've understood correctly (sorry, it's very confusingly written) you are complaining on color picker window which opens when you click on the "color" attribute? This is NOT THE PLUGIN'S window. It is Maya's standard window. Complain on it to Maya developers please.

xtrm3d wrote:please someone tell me why did i pay to get the maya plugin again ?

What you mean please?..:shock:

xtrm3d wrote:i understand that this is a beta .. but since there is no new feature added each time..

- Have you ever read the last version's change-log?.. There are a lot of new features.
- The new render-engine version with multithreaded voxelizing (and lot of other new features) was integrated into the previous plugin version.
- etc...

xtrm3d wrote:i would expect to not have to deal with those issue that should be catched in alpha ...

What for "issue"?.. I don't see here sensible bug-report.
All issues reported for which the plugin (not the engine) is responsible - are fixed. And no issues can be fixed if nobody reports them. If you have some troubles - please, just describe them in detail on this forum and if it is the plugin's problem - it will be fixed quickly, I work fast if I know about the problem. But sorry - I just can't understand such a short and convoluted bugreports...

Please, write in detail what you don't like. Perhaps with some screenshots...
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby xtrm3d » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:25 pm

xtrm3d Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:25 pm
hi JimStar ..
i know , i did post very late at night and i was frustrated :-)

let me try again and be more concise :

color picker :
i need to select very dark color in maya to see medium brightness in octane .
example.. selecting a dark red (almost black ) translate into a medium red in maya ( independently of the light situation )
as if the value that get sent to octane was not the same as the selected one ? ( not in front of octane right now .. would post screen shot )

slider issues:
most slider go from 0 to 1 ( great )
and in some instance , some of them go from 0.0000 to 1000 ( not in front of octane right now .. would post screen shot )

i would try to make a video ( or at least some screen shot tonight )

sooo , this being said ,
i am sorry i came over as a dick , it was late and i was frustrated
i recognize the hard work that you are putting into the plugin and i appreciate it a lot
my issue with octane is more about how they treated their customer in the past ( i know it changing now ).

to my defense , english is only my third language and sometime i get lost in translation

anyway .. i am man enough to recognize when i screw up , and for that ...

i apologize to you :-)
xtrm3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby xtrm3d » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:05 am

xtrm3d Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:05 am
ok let start with teh slider issue..
here a screen shot .. right now i's on teh roughness.. but that also happen to some other slider functions
Attachments
octane-slider.jpg
xtrm3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby xtrm3d » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:59 am

xtrm3d Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:59 am
another one ...
Attachments
octane-slider2.jpg
octane-slider2.jpg
xtrm3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:37 am

JimStar Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:37 am
xtrm3d wrote:ok let start with teh slider issue..
here a screen shot .. right now i's on teh roughness.. but that also happen to some other slider functions

These "min-max" values for the SLIDER are exactly what other users asked me to make a lot of time ago. So, it is intentionally made - changing by slider works from 0 to 0.01, and all other values you enter in this field by keyboard, not by slider.
If the most of users have already changed their mind about this soft-threshold - I can change it quickly, no problem... I just don't want to enter to the situation when I will change it in the next version, and the next day a lot of another users will start complain to the new thresholds...

The reason why all these field-slider thresholds were not changed the last time is simple - already long time NOBODY has written that they do not like it. But from my side - changing it is just a 5 minutes of work, I just need to know that the customers need it.
So, just write here all slider min-max values that are convenient in your work (for attributes you want), and if no other users will object it - I will change them in next version.;)
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby JimStar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:59 am

JimStar Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:59 am
xtrm3d wrote:and in some instance , some of them go from 0.0000 to 1000 ( not in front of octane right now .. would post screen shot )

On the screenshot you posted here, e.g. the Dirt Texture "radius" value has the thresholds exactly as in Octane standalone 1.11 at the time: 0.0000100 - 100000.0000000.
1.png
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby TBFX » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:30 am

TBFX Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:30 am
JimStar wrote:
xtrm3d wrote:ok let start with teh slider issue..

These "min-max" values for the SLIDER are exactly what other users asked me to make a lot of time ago. So, it is intentionally made - changing by slider works from 0 to 0.01, and all other values you enter in this field by keyboard, not by slider.
If the most of users have already changed their mind about this soft-threshold - I can change it quickly, no problem... I just don't want to enter to the situation when I will change it in the next version, and the next day a lot of another users will start complain to the new thresholds...

The reason why all these field-slider thresholds were not changed the last time is simple - already long time NOBODY has written that they do not like it. But from my side - changing it is just a 5 minutes of work, I just need to know that the customers need it.
So, just write here all slider min-max values that are convenient in your work (for attributes you want), and if no other users will object it - I will change them in next version.;)

Hi JimStar,

Actually the roughness slider range was asked to be set where it is back when the engine still had the old glossy shader model and it would make sense to change it back to 0 - 1 now. I guess the rest of us just got used to typing in values since the new model was introduced and never mentioned it. :?
T.
Win10 x64|i7-9750H 2.6 GHz|32 GB RAM | RTX2080 max Q 8GB
TBFX
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:37 am

JimStar Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:37 am
OK, I will change it.;)
Would be cool, if you will write here what slider thresholds will be convenient for you all for perhaps some other attributes - I will change them too in next version...
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby xtrm3d » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:19 am

xtrm3d Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:19 am
thank you for looking into it ..
again as i mentioned before ..i was frustrated with all that stuff as i started to complain about it ,. :-)
t
xtrm3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Maya