OctaneRender® for Maya® v1.11a beta [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Maya® v1.11a beta [OBSOLETE]
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Re: OctaneRender® for Maya® v1.11a beta [CURRENT]

Postby JimStar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:44 am

JimStar Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:44 am
arh-osa wrote:Thank you very much, Jimstar! can't wait to see all new features:)
I found some troubles in camera. Ortho camera doesn't match viewport ortho at all. I can't figure out how to change it.
Changing Camera Aperture and Focal Lenght has no effect.

Sorry, I suspect that you all are tired to hear this, but I'm forced to repeat here it again: it is not the plugin problem too.:lol:
I was aware of this problem a long time ago, right after I got the new SDK with "ortho" camera added to it. And this problem was already discussed with the engine-team, so they are aware of it, and I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
The problem is: the current SDK does not have the means to set the "Orthographic width" for "Orthographic camera", only the "Field of view" as for perspective camera. But the "Field of view" does not make sense for the "Orthographic camera", this type of camera needs "Orthographic width" to be set for it, the absolute width in scene measure units, not the FOV angle. And there are no means to convert the needed "Orthographic width" to "Field of view" precisely for all cases...
It is the reason you get the ugly results so far in ortho camera... I'm sure it will be fixed soon in the SDK, there is just a lot of other important work for the engine-team so far...;)
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender® for Maya® v1.11a beta [OBSOLETE]

Postby JimStar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:46 am

JimStar Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:46 am
Next version HERE.;)
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Autodesk Maya