octane render with deadline (or other render manager)

Forums: octane render with deadline (or other render manager)
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

octane render with deadline (or other render manager)

Postby fbb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:32 pm

fbb Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:32 pm
hi,

since i ,like some other people, currently got problems rendering sequences with normal batch render, i wondered if anyone has experience with redering octane pictures over a render manager. i tired to render a file via deadline, but that always seems to switch the render engine to maya software. not sure what i'm doing wrong since deadline should only open the file and render a certain framerange with whatever is set in the render globals (note i'm not a deadline expert).

has anybody tired octane in combination with a render manager and got similar problems?
fbb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: octane render with deadline (or other render manager)

Postby RickToxik » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:43 pm

RickToxik Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:43 pm
Chances are your graphic card memory is full if you experience problems with the batch render. Have you tried settings all your objects to "global" (vs movable proxy)?
RickToxik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: octane render with deadline (or other render manager)

Postby fbb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:26 pm

fbb Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:26 pm
i already tried to do that. although the scene is in fact kind of massive i tried to use instancing to get rid of memory problems (at the moment i'm using about 1500 of my 2048mb gpu memory). like others i currently have the problem that my batch render just stops at a random point. i'm not even sure if it's a octain problem or if the batch render itself causes the problem. that is why i tired to use a render manager to see if batch render causes the problem.
fbb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Maya