missing textures

Forums: missing textures
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

missing textures

Postby Andrew88 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Andrew88 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 pm
Hello there.

i just bought the new released octane render plugin for maya.

if i open a scene which contains some models and some textures and render using octane, then the textures won´t be rendered. the only thing i got is a gray render. seems like the only way i´m able to render with textures is if i re-create the shading network only using octane nodes.

was it not the whole idea with this integrated render plugin, so that you can just use regular maya nodes.

also there should have been a manual together with the plugin when i downloaded it right ?

besides that, great plugin :)
Andrew88
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: missing textures

Postby JimStar » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:49 pm

JimStar Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:49 pm
Andrew88 wrote:Hello there.

i just bought the new released octane render plugin for maya.

if i open a scene which contains some models and some textures and render using octane, then the textures won´t be rendered. the only thing i got is a gray render. seems like the only way i´m able to render with textures is if i re-create the shading network only using octane nodes.

was it not the whole idea with this integrated render plugin, so that you can just use regular maya nodes.

also there should have been a manual together with the plugin when i downloaded it right ?

besides that, great plugin :)

Yes, the manual you can open from Windows Start menu. "OctaneRender for Maya" folder in "Programs".

About nodes, I already wrote here: viewtopic.php?p=98688#p98688
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: missing textures

Postby Andrew88 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:51 am

Andrew88 Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:51 am
oh okay i found the pdf :)

i´m a bit frustrated about that you can´t just use maya nodes with octane. i just spend 99 euro on this plugin and then it doesn´t work the way they promised.
i´m also currently testing a demo of furryball 3.0 and i most say that it works far better than octane does.. at least as an integrated plugin.
perhaps i should have used the money on furryball instead.

don´t get me wrong i do like octane render but i´m just disappointed, i haven´t tested it fully yet.
Andrew88
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Maya