Converting Composite Layers

Forums: Converting Composite Layers
3D Studio Max Plugin (Export Script Plugins developed by [gk] and KilaD; Integrated Plugin developed by Karba)
Forum rules
Please post only in English in this subforum. For alternate language discussion please go here viewforum.php?f=18

Converting Composite Layers

Postby djropi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:12 am

djropi Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:12 am
Hello Everyone,

Been working a bit with the Evermotion Archmodels vol. 165 and one issue I have been coming across is converting the composite layers inside the diffuse slot for a number of buildings. Essentially, some of the materials will convert over while others will just take on the basic octane glossy material with no textures. I bounced back and forth with a person from Evermotion but did not find a proper solution or workflow for converting over the materials. I've attached a few screenshots to show what I am coming across and was wondering if there was a way of baking down the composite layers to a single diffuse or converting them for octane? Thanks for any help!
Attachments
Screenshot (189).jpg
Screenshot (199).jpg
Screenshot (203).jpg
Screenshot (201).jpg
djropi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Converting Composite Layers

Postby paride4331 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:06 pm

paride4331 Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:06 pm
Hi djropi,
I'd like to suggest a workaround to solve your problem .
The composite map (a 3ds max map) is used in 3ds max vray ( as in your Evermotion library ) but not compatible in octane render.
The composite map is nothing more than a classic structure of layers and blend mode in Photoshop.
you can reproduce the same structure with the photoshop layers, adjust the opacity,
use the correct blend mode ( multiply , screen , darken etc etc ).
Once played the same structure , flatten the layers and save the map obtained.
Use this map in the corresponding slot where the composite map of the vray material was.
I hope this suggestion will be helpful to you.
Regards
Paride
Attachments
layers.jpg
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Autodesk 3Ds Max