Cryptomatte Halo around Objet ID at compositing in AfterFX

Forums: Cryptomatte Halo around Objet ID at compositing in AfterFX
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

Cryptomatte Halo around Objet ID at compositing in AfterFX

Postby Joanlaninja » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:46 am

Joanlaninja Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:46 am
I have rendered cryptomattes with Octane, and when I import the Octane EXRs, I can separate the mats from different layers, but they have a halo around them, and are not perfect. After finishing composition I have a little gap around every object....

Could it be an issue with checking the premultiply box? Are there any specific settings that need to be used? It's crucial that the mattes are accurate; currently, when composing the scene, there are gaps when separating different objects, and I'm using a resolution higher than 3000 pixels wide. I can't find a post that clearly presents a solution to this problem. I would greatly appreciate any kind of assistance, please.
Joanlaninja
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Cryptomatte Halo around Objet ID at compositing in AfterFX

Postby frankmci » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:28 pm

frankmci Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:28 pm
If you can share a simplified scene file (like just a couple of cubes or spheres) that exhibits the problem, it will be a lot easier to suggest fixes. To share it here, zip the file first so that the forum knows how to handle it properly.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Joanlaninja » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:35 pm

Joanlaninja Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:35 pm
I attach a pic to show whats my problem, yo can see how the cryptomatte dont cut the object properly, always u have this edge. I tried everything, multiplied alpha, raising crypto subds... I´m desperated with this...

I hope I´m missing something, if there is not a way to properly split layers via render passes I have a great problem.

Thank you for the help, appreciated and sorry for my english.
Attachments
Example.jpg
Joanlaninja
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:03 pm

BK Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:03 pm
Joanlaninja wrote:I attach a pic to show whats my problem, yo can see how the cryptomatte dont cut the object properly, always u have this edge. I tried everything, multiplied alpha, raising crypto subds... I´m desperated with this...

I hope I´m missing something, if there is not a way to properly split layers via render passes I have a great problem.

Thank you for the help, appreciated and sorry for my english.

Hi Joanlaninja,

thank you for posting the rendered image.
Please try to uncheck/disable the **Disable partial alpha** from the Imager node and see if it works.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Joanlaninja » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:34 pm

Joanlaninja Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:34 pm
No it doesn´t work. I tried every single option with matte precompose and multiplication, it just looks like a bad behaviour of cryptomatte thing, not in this file but in every single file I´ve checked. This kind of things ruin a work and are really frustrating.
Joanlaninja
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:30 pm

BK Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:30 pm
Joanlaninja wrote:No it doesn´t work. I tried every single option with matte precompose and multiplication, it just looks like a bad behaviour of cryptomatte thing, not in this file but in every single file I´ve checked. This kind of things ruin a work and are really frustrating.

Could you please PM the orbx scene for us to investigate?

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support