'A Valid Internet connection is required'

Forums: 'A Valid Internet connection is required'
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

'A Valid Internet connection is required'

Postby gazhowgate » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:49 am

gazhowgate Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:49 am
'A Valid Internet connection is required to activate this copy of Octane'

What the hell is this? Octane worked a few weeks ago and now it doesn't work? I am on a workplace computer so I 100% can not change firewall settings and I 100% shouldn't have to...

What is the fix for this problem? I'm up against it and I've been presented with this.

I've done every suggestion I can find, yes tickets have been submitted but I need a fix for this.
gazhowgate
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: 'A Valid Internet connection is required'

Postby frankmci » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:32 pm

frankmci Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:32 pm
I was getting that for a little while this morning, but it has cleared up. I've been using Octane almost daily for five or six years, and it's the first time I've seen it. I'm guessing a glitch with the license server. Give it another try.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: 'A Valid Internet connection is required'

Postby BK » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:38 am

BK Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:38 am
gazhowgate wrote:'A Valid Internet connection is required to activate this copy of Octane'

What the hell is this? Octane worked a few weeks ago and now it doesn't work? I am on a workplace computer so I 100% can not change firewall settings and I 100% shouldn't have to...

What is the fix for this problem? I'm up against it and I've been presented with this.

I've done every suggestion I can find, yes tickets have been submitted but I need a fix for this.

Hi gazhowgate,

It seems that the internet connection cannot establish a connection/reach our server.
Octane license requires an active internet connection to use it.

Were there any changes on your workstation recently since it was working a few weeks ago?
We recommend checking with your workplace's System admin if there were any firewall outbound rule changes.
They may need to whitelist our IP address.

The fix could be purchasing our Offline license USB dongle if they deny your request to whitelist.
It's a plug-and-play but need to go online to update it.

Would you pm me your ticket number?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support