Same computer setup, different rendering results

Forums: Same computer setup, different rendering results
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Same computer setup, different rendering results

Postby corecolourOctane » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:41 am

corecolourOctane Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:41 am
I'm using two computers for rendering, both using C4D version 2023, and the graphics cards are RTX3050 & RTX3090.

The strange thing is that what I produced on the RTX3050 was much more realistic, when I transferred the file to the 3090 computer with the intention of rendering it, I noticed that with all the same settings within the screen, the results within the preview window were very different, in the first computer the preview screen had a much higher and more natural contrast, and on the second computer the gamma value was as if it had been increased, it was very Bright

I checked all the settings and they are all consistent, I don't know why it would be
corecolourOctane

Re: Same computer setup, different rendering results

Postby aoktar » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:21 am

aoktar Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:21 am
Your comparison is not reliable. You should save the render and check in same monitor. There maybe different factor which affects the displaying on different computers. For example monitor adjustments, display settings, color profilings.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion