Unstable Performance OctaneRender Prime 2023.1.1

Forums: Unstable Performance OctaneRender Prime 2023.1.1
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Unstable Performance OctaneRender Prime 2023.1.1

Postby dopeless » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:10 pm

dopeless Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:10 pm
Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems with several latest Octane releases.
The rendering becomes very slow from time to time and I can not figure out the reason why.

For example, the scene renders at 3 Ms/sec on average in the viewport. But sometimes speed drops to 0.3 Ms/sec. I disabele and reenable some objects im my scene several times, and the speed gets back to normal. Or if I hit render, it starts to render at say 3 Ms/sec, but over time it drops to 1 Ms/sec. The GPU is not fully load, and the fans on GPU are barely spinning.

If I render in Keyshot, everythig works fine - the GPU is fully loaded all the time. But in Octane it feels like some kind of a safe mode. Sometimes I have to restart the Octane server, and sometimes I need to restart PC to get it back to normal.

I'm using 3090Ti and latest studio drivers (tried it with game drivers - same issues).

Any clues what's wrong?
Thanks.

dopeless

Re: Unstable Performance OctaneRender Prime 2023.1.1

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:47 am

bepeg4d Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:47 am
Hi,

Windows Task manager shows OpenGL usage, not CUDA usage by default.

Please, download and run GPU-Z:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

You should need to check the GPU-Z Sensors tab while rendering, and in particular, Temperature, GPU Load and Power Consumption TDP.

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion