Any guidance on how to resolve this problem

Forums: Any guidance on how to resolve this problem
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Any guidance on how to resolve this problem

Postby JustinTaylor16 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:42 pm

JustinTaylor16 Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:42 pm
Hello, I have a monthly license, but I'm having difficulty posting on the appropriate forum. I apologize for that. I'm currently working on an Apple M1 Max with macOS Monterey and Cinema 4D R23. Although the Octane plugin is loading correctly, I'm encountering issues with the render, and the materials aren't functioning as expected. An error message pops up stating, "There is no GPU device which is selected." I would appreciate any guidance on how to resolve this problem.
JustinTaylor16

Re: Any guidance on how to resolve this problem

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:15 am

bepeg4d Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:15 am
Hi,
about forum permissions, please write to help at otoy dot com, sharing your OTOY username, thanks.

About M1, unfortunately there are issues to compile both C4D R23, and S24 versions for M1/M2, so only C4D R25, R26, and 2023 can be supported, I'm sorry.

If you can install a newer C4D version, please also update macOS to version 13.3 or greater.
Prior to 13.3, there is an OS related issue that causes a render failure consistently if you render for long periods of time.

Then please install the latest stable c4doctane version 2022.1.2-R2:
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_m1.zip

Have a look at the following tutorial on how to install it:
https://youtu.be/yFZiTt9IJPg

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby energi.design » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:45 pm

energi.design Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:45 pm
Hi Beppe,

I am getting this same error. I have a Mac Studio M1 Ultra, with Sonoma installed (although this error occurred since updating to C4D 2024). I had R3 of the C4D plugin installed, which shows in the C4D interface, but when rendering brings the “no GPU selected” error up. When I go into the settings, the M1 is deselected (and hit info, and there is no checkbox for Render or Realtime, etc).

I excitedly just downloaded R4 and installed, and have the exact same problem. UI shows all options, but cannot select the M1 Ultra GPU (or rather, have it remain selected) and get the same error.

Can you please advise how to get around this? This is causing me some deadline stress and delays… Thank you
energi.design

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:14 am

bepeg4d Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:14 am
Hi,
Sonoma support has been just added to Standalone OctaneX 2023.1-Beta4:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=82199

Plugins will follow asap.

Please keep an eye on this section of the OTOY forum:
viewforum.php?f=85

c4doctane version 2023.1-Beta4 supporting macOS Sonoma will be posted on top as soon as possible!

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion