Unreal Crashes When Importing ORBX Scene

Forums: Unreal Crashes When Importing ORBX Scene
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Unreal Crashes When Importing ORBX Scene

Postby AdrianWest » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:41 pm

AdrianWest Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:41 pm
Hi,
I have an ORBX scene made in Cinema 4D (Mac) with Octane materials and displacement.
I have exported the scene as an ORBX from the Octane plugin in C4D.
In Unreal Engine I load the Octane plugin and select "Import ORBX Scene" from the drop down menu. I select the scene I want to import and hit import.
After a few moments, it looks like the import is proceeeding and then Unreal Engine crashes. This happens with 4.27 and 5.1

I have tried the process again and tried unchecking the "Create Previn Materials" which allowed the import to complete but didn't bring over the materials or material slots. It just left the imported geometry with WorldgridMaterial on it and no idea of what material should be assigned.

The model is quite complex and I have even broken it up to try and get it to work, bu the same happens.

Do you have an idea of what the problem could be? Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem somewhere?

I would be very grateful if you could help as I have a short amount of time to get this sorted out in.

Many thanks

Adrian
AdrianWest

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion